SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is a model I built using an Altaya Scx F1 Williams car as base model, practically used the same mods as in the previous BT52 that posted some months ago.
Hardest part was the upper air intakes that were made with plastic card and epoxy and the rear cover that was made with a pen cap and also epoxy.
Decals are from Atalaya and they included the pilots helmet which is a nice touch🙂

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Vehicle Asphalt Racing Automotive design
Toy Vehicle Automotive design Asphalt Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I like building this cars in old school method as it serves to improve creativity and some other skills, it was lots of fun, hope you all like it!

Cheers

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
Very nice Daniel. Did the decal fit ok?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice Daniel. Did the decal fit ok?
Gio, the decals requiered a bit of adjustment but nothing big, the most visible is the rear decal over the cover, as you can see in the side view they didn’t fit perfectly but it’s aceptable imho.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Bonito coche y, en mi opinión, de una de las mejores temporadas.
La parte trasera te ha quedado muy bien.

Nice car and, in my opinion, one of the best seasons.
The rear part has been very good.

Frederic

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very Nice!

Really liked the move from the Brabham red to this white livery which is well executed here.

That helmet is so well done I was wondering just for a moment about someone doing the Nelson Piquet
'Kung Fu Fighting' driver fig from Hockeheim of that year!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Acabo de pintar a pulso un casco parecido al de Piquet, pero amarillo con tres rayas rojas (Fermín Vélez). No cabe duda de que queda mejor el tuyo con esas calcas.

I just freehand painted a helmet similar to Piquet's, but yellow with three red stripes (Fermín Vélez). There is no doubt that yours looks better with those decals.

Frederic

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very Nice!

Really liked the move from the Brabham red to this white livery which is well executed here.

That helmet is so well done I was wondering just for a moment about someone doing the Nelson Piquet
'Kung Fu Fighting' driver fig from Hockeheim of that year!
Haven’t heard of that style, any pics of the said model?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Acabo de pintar a pulso un casco parecido al de Piquet, pero amarillo con tres rayas rojas (Fermín Vélez). No cabe duda de que queda mejor el tuyo con esas calcas.

I just freehand painted a helmet similar to Piquet's, but yellow with three red stripes (Fermín Vélez). There is no doubt that yours looks better with those decals.

Frederic
Gracias Frederic, si quedan bastante bien, hacen falta más calcas de cascos de pilotos, en una plantilla podrían poner por lo menos 10 cascos y agrupados por época.
Thank you Frederic, yes they do look good, need more decals of pilots helmets, in a single sheet they could put at least 10 helmets and group them by era.

Cheer’s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts