SlotForum banner
921 - 940 of 1208 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
We've a lot of fun with Carrera digital 132 + Carrera Control Unit + RMS V 1.705
Nevertheless I've a question :
The result of pressing the START button (Carrera Control Unit) during a race is a "Track call".
Would it be possible (or perhaps is it by now possible) to add a special Sound (within V 1.705 ) to that "Track call"

Who knows more about this issue ?
I would be gratefull.

Maarten

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for your personal response.
In the SOUND directory of V 1.705 there is a file called Pause.wav.
However, I can't find any sound in it !
Can this Sound-file possibly be used for a "Track call" announcement ?

And now the crusial question : when will "the next release" come out ?????????

·
Bruce Yingling
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #924 ·
The problem with the track call announcement isn't that we have no sound to play- it's that the program doesn't trigger a sound for that event. I will need to add the trigger in software.

The 'pause.wav' sound file is exactly that. A pause. It is a brief file of silence. It get's used over and over and over again by the software. Please don't change it or move it.

The next release? Unfortunately, I don't know. I have very little hobby time right now, and this time of year golf gets a big slice of that available time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks again !

I'll be patiently waiting.......
Meanwhile we continue (with lots of fun) slotracing with relaese V 1.705.

Enjoy your (little) hobby time on the golf course.

Maarten
------------------------------

·
Greg Gaub
16,410 Posts
Bruce has dropped out of the scene for the indefinite future. The final straw was a guy who screwed something up in his CU, and blamed/harrassed Bruce for what happened. Bruce's web site has been blanked, and most of his online personas have also been blanked (such as photo galleries, etc).

·
Registered
14 Posts
With Bruce away, is there anyway to get the latest version of the software? I have an older version and was wanting to update to get some of the latest features Bruce has added.... Bruce, if you read this, again thanks for all you've done. My two boys (and all their friends who come over) love the software!!!!!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Mr. F.
I have not followed this software development very closely so forgive me my simple questions...

Did Bruce's software contain disclaimers like those of NIM (I think) who developed the InCar Pro software for SSD?
I know the various hardware and firmware "upgrades" (such as those for SSDC and the C7042) have huge warnings about voiding warranties, etc.

It is amazing how people attack those who are trying to help followers of this hobby when they are unable to create these developments themselves.

Here is hoping Bruce is well and able to return in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Bruce's software is a PC program like SSDC, not a firmware upgrade.

Hopefully Bruce will be back, we have all had the occasional attack from a disgruntled customer.

Rich

·
Greg Gaub
16,410 Posts
I think the back-breaking straw was related to some help/tips on his web site that had to do with track wiring or something hardware related. The guy who messed things up claims to have followed one of Bruce's how-tos, or something, and blames Bruce for the mistakes he made, even though he claims to have been an EE... So he harassed Bruce on SCI, and privately. Bruce got fed up and called it quits, and pulled a SlotBaer, removing all his work from the Internet. Some of this can still be found on SCI...
Yeah, just reviewed the thread... the guy was using Bruce's guide on installing a power relay into the CU/track so that Bruce's software could control track power for heat racing and whatever, but he did it wrong and then complained about voiding his CU warranty for no reason, even though Bruce's site had explicit warnings about voiding warrantys, and not to do the mod unless you're sure you know what you're doing. This alleged EE apparently did not.

I also hope that Bruce comes back some day.

In his thread on SCI, someone has posted links to his site via the Internet Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) which had the download as of that posting, and apparently a link directly to the download somewhere. No telling how long those will last. After those links die, people will have to share it directly or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE In his thread on SCI, someone has posted links to his site via the Internet Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) which had the download as of that posting, and apparently a link directly to the download somewhere. No telling how long those will last. After those links die, people will have to share it directly or something.

Thank you MrFlippant!

·
Bruce Yingling
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #936 ·
I haven't posted here- but yes, I am involved with slot cars again. My grandchildren wanted to race, and while playing in the basement with them I was reminded how much this hobby has given me.

The incident that led to my departure was not, unfortunately, an isolated case- it was more the straw that broke the camel's back. Not sure what I am going to do with the software.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Bruce,
let me thank you fpr to grat job you did...

on each Topic we will finde some idiots which are blaming the peaple do ing a good job as a hobby...

Be sure, there are much more who apreciate your work, but unfortunately you will not see them (-:

If you go on with you work, please let us participate, but dont worry about the other noobs!

All the best for You
Boardy

921 - 940 of 1208 Posts