SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading Rayden's post on resins I decided to inquire about Alumilite's High Strength 3 RTV. I last used mine over a year ago, and now that I'm going to make a mold from my Delage master I am concerned with degradation or contamination. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments? What are the experiences of others using this product? I'm hesitant to use the RTV without some assurance I can do so with success.
Jim

·
Registered
183 Posts
Jim just call the people from Alumalite and ask them, they are right in your neighborhood so to speak. If it was me I would start with fresh rubber for the mold. Resin has a pretty short shelf life , if you have had it for a year it is full of moisture and no good. Good luck in your endeavor. Ken

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
I would try a small bit first to see how it is. I have silicone that is over 2 years old and still working.

Basically, silicone is pretty safe to use even if it has gone off a bit. I can't see it damaging anything. Resins on the other hand, can destroy brand new molds if not used properly, or if they are bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts