SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After building up my first track in the spare room we soon realised that there wasn't really enough room to get the track looking how we wanted. So we decided to move the track into the bigger room at the front of the house where we would have lots of room and better lighting as well.

So far I have everything I need track wise apart from 2 Scalextric Sport R4's which are on order to be here soon

Then, it's off to B&Q to get another piece of board and the racing can start again!

This is my plan:

Alan

PS:

Key -
G - Grandstand
T - Toilets
F - Fire/Rescue
C - Control Tower
I - Ice Cream
H - Hot Dogs
S - Shop
M - Marshall
Cam - Camera Tower
P - Podium

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the track boards have finally been put together and I now have a fully working tack again

The track is using some new boards and some of the old ones from my old track, hence the green grass on some of the boards but not all of them.

Now the fun work starts with sorting all the scenery out...well...after the REALLY fun stuff like some racing at last!!

Alan

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At last some updated pictures of the track. The scenic section has been slightly modified as well so that it drives better.

The lakes was made using scenic water and was really pretty easy to create. The scatter often ends up in the lake but it just looks like leaves on the surface and adds to the effect.

The gravestones are made by Hornby and are in the bottom right of the scenic side of the track secluded in the trees.

Still a lot to do but it is taking shape now.

Alan

·
Registered
78 Posts
what did you use to make the black tarmac in the infield of the first picture, i want to do something similar to make a run off section so if my cars drift on the outside of bends they don't come straight off

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The infield section as well as the rest of the track has been levelled up with polystyrene ceiling tiles from B&Q...theirs seem to be the best height in relation to Scalextric track. They are easy to put down, but you do get lots of little bits of polystyrene everywhere so have the hoover at the ready!!

The infield track has just been painted black with normal emulsion paint.

Alan

·
Ian
99 Posts
Alan,

This track is coming on a treat, I like the scenic wallpaper, and the lake, and the small tables & chairs and,…….the whole thing is creating a really nice diorama, it looks fun to drive on too! What more could you ask for?

Keep the photos coming.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Lovely job, it looks like a proper race track now - you've done a great job on the scenary.

Just one question, where did you get the scenic wallpaper from? I really like that and it would be preferable to trying to paint one I think.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Love it that's great.

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
F-One_Man- the scenic wallpapers came from MRE:

MRE

They are in the scnery section and only about 90p each. I am going to get some more for the other side of the track now.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys...it makes it all worthwhile :)

More to come ASAP!!

Alan

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks Alan, that looks like another useful source of supplies for me.

I had a good look around the scenery section but couldn't see them listed (in fact, I had a good look around the whole site!). I spoke to my brother in law who until recently, ran a model shop and he told me that Peco make them so maybe I'll fire off an email to MRE and see if they have any in stock.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
F_One_Man here is the link for the back scenes:

Back Scenes

MRE's website is very difficult to naviagte round.

They are made by Peco...I used to have one when I had a model railway in another life! LOL

Tim, the track is an analogue track.

Alan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.