SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Whilst I was running my Trans Am Mustang (yes, that car again! Slotforum members groan
) during a free session at Wrexham and lapping everybody out of sight there was one exception to this rule.

There was a yellow Fly Porsche Racer I think it was that I had the greatest of difficulty keeping up with.

In fact in the background I heard shout of "Rob, are you recording the times? Is this the fastest non magnet car ever to run at Wrexham?"

Well, the shout was certainly not in respect of my Mustang as everybody just knew it had a magnet in. It was one of the celeberity cars of the day after all. However, who was the young pretender to my magnet speed crown who was claiming to be running a car without magnets faster than my Mustang?

Anyway, after my motor blew I just had to rush over and take photographs of this car. How was the chassis set up? what motor was being used? I had all sorts of questions.

However, the car owner (a Slotforum member as it happens) would not permit photographs to be taken. But I was permitted to examine the car close up by holding the chassis in my own hand I will verify that there was definitely no magnets fitted to the chassis, and that it was not possible to fit a magnet due to lack of space, and the car did not stick to my hand as a result of glue on the tyres.

So I was astounded. How could a car with no magnets beat my super Slot.It powered, Pro-Slot tyred, Slot.It geared, Ninco guided, and lowered, Mustang?

Just how was the chassis set up?

The close circle of folk who were at Wrexham on Sunday who know the set up are under STRICT orders apparently to say nothing and there was a deafly silence whenever I asked questions. I didn't have my floodlights and leather whip with me so interogation was not possible sadly.

This car appears to me to be the fastest "no mags" car in the world and would have smashed the records at the Phoenix GT Day last week had it been entered!

Moped

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Moped I must point out the same car also ran 10 second laps in practice at wolverhamptons porsche challenge race and 5 second laps at slot tech.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not up on the length of these circuits how long are they?

I would expect a stock RTR Trans Am Mustang to do 150ft in about 12 seconds on a typical circuit before any "fixes" and my modified one about 10.7 seconds.

The 108 ft at Wrexham is a 9 second circuit in standard trim. I am being lazy cos all the stuff is probably on a web site somewhere so can anybody please fill in the gaps to put some meaning into the times witnessed by GRAH1?

Moped

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi moped!

My mind fades, the vision dims...I remember the one they call the Slot Warrior...oops sorry. I think that GRAH1's FLY non-mag Porsche was clear of lesser cars at Wolverhampton by around a couple of seconds per lap sorry for not being more exact as his car was rapidly put back into his pit box

It's a great little car isn't it. Legends feed off speculation remember!

Mark.
Sorry about the Slot it motor!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
It was probably more to do with the driver than the set up moped.

Just remember a rubbish driver with a great car will still not be as good as a great driver with a rubbish car.

Lotus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts