SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This class is meant to bring everyone on a equal basis, but it showed tonight who had prepared their cars and those who didnt.

Many of our drivers who are usual Final A competitors found themselves in the lower finals.

the heats where quite quiet except for couple of close finishes.

So to the finals.

Final D saw Richard E take on Iain, James E, and Keith.

Keith went away quickly, followed by Iain who both swapped places and left Richard E and Son James E to race each other. After 15 laps

Keith started to have a problem and de-slotted a few times before losing his offside front wheel came off and managed to finish third letting

Richard E take second. Iain took the win and young James E finished fourth.

Final C saw Iain take his place in the dreaded Yellow lane alongside Tone, Lyle and Viv.

This was a pretty steady final and they all had de-slots and after the 25 laps Tone taking the win followed by Lyle and Viv with Iain bringing

up the rear.

Final B was the final of the night as it was close from start to finish. So the line up was Tone, Skippy, Mike and Alan H.

The final started at a fast and furious pace with Skippy and Alan challenging each other constantly with Mike and Tone following behind.

After a very close race Skippy took the win by a mere 2 thousandth of a second, ( ie a quarter of an Inch) from Alan with Mike taking 3rd and

Tone bringing up the rear.

Final A Saw Skippy join James H, Richard T. and Steve for the last race of the night. and after 25 laps of good solid racing the win went to

James followed by Skippy, Richard T and Steve following in 4th.

James also took the fastest lap of the night.

The results are as follows:-

James H 25 + 1pt for fastest lap (7.320 secs)

Skippy 23

Richard T 21

Steve 20

Alan H 19

Mike 18

Tone 17

Lyle 16

Viv 15

Iain 14

Richard E 13

Keith 12

James E 11

Next week we have the last round 5 evening of Formula 1 hope to see you all there.

Please Note:-

For all you slot racers who come and view our race report, As none of you bother to comment and let us know who you are, we are stopping

the race reports and will only list the results of the evening.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE US TO CONTINUE WITH THE FULL RACE REPORT, THEN PLEASE TELL US AND YOUR COMMENTS WILL BE

APPRECIATED.

ALSO IF ANY OF YOU LIVE CLOSE TO US, WHY NOT COME AND JOIN US FOR THE OCCASIONAL EVENING WE ARE SURE YOU'LL

ENJOY IT..

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks Keith, lots of 'offs' resulting in drivers being in lesser finals than they are usually. Well done to James for A final win and fastest lap.
clap.gif

There is now only 12 points between James and myself for the championship final.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Keith for the race reports. I think I was very fortunate to make the A final with a badly prepared car(did nothing since last time). I found after the heats that the chassis was touching the track so I trimmed a bit off and that left a large gap under the front wheels which as you can imagine it really screwed up the handling. See you all for F1.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just 5 weeks to go to find a killer mabuchi can to put the zing back into my NASCAR stable and try to go from follower to contender for the next round. If ,like Mike, you are looking for a 3D chassis to get that broken Camero or 2 screw body Nascar fro Scalextric then look no further than CG slot cars the quality of their £d chassis is very good and you can put in your slot.it parts as long as you lock the motor pod. This should transform the rather un-competative in line models into something not to shabby. Perhaps I shpuld try this rather than revive the old Lowes 48 then I won't get confused when I line up against Lyle in the heats any more. Hope you all enjoyed the action as much as I did last night. Next week F1 can I repeat the last session with 3 wins and a second and second overall, perhaps a chicken needs to be sacrificed and the Brabham polished with the entrails . Now isn't James going to Football next week?????????????????

Have a good week and see you all for F1 next week

Iain

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi guys
I might not be with but I am missing the action sounds like it's all happening at presto.
I will be back for the next GT3 race as for F1 next week I am expecting Richard to do well, no pressure then!!!
Regards
Alf

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Guys

Firstly apologies to Keith for a lack of replies from myself over the last couple of months. Not intentional - just life events having taken over.
For the record I want to thank Keith for the work he has put into the race reports and I hope they get the support they deserve and continue. Pesto has become a very important part of my life especially over the last year. I always enjoy my racing regardless of final position and the comraderie and banter is second to none.
For me the race report and postings that follow are a continuation of race night with commments and a continuation of the banter - much appreciated.
Racing this week went very well for me - I'm more than happy to take bronze on the podium so thank you to those who fell by the wayside to let me through!
Now here's a valid point to note. My original car for this class has decided to crack its chassis which I think I'll have a stab at repairing with a bit of JB Weld - I say a bit it will probably need a tubes worth so if any of you want a punt on the markets then I suggest buying shares in J B Weld.
Back to the valid point. I prepared an earlier series Camaro with the intention of sharing the racing but I always find it difficult to choose which to then race so stick with the car I know best so it just became a spare. Well tonight the spare did good so perhaps with more time on the track it might just have scraped an extra place - who knows!
Once again back to the point if you have a spare car for a class my advice would be to run it for the whole evening heats and finals.
So next week is Formula One and my build progress with a car is verging on slow to still - must get to work on this. Thank you to Iain for the donor vehicle which I intend to build into a winner! Until then and once agin with many thanks my pal Alf has entrusted me with two of his cars which is very generous - a big thanks once again.
For those of you out there who have not visited our club - this is part of the spirit of Presto, something very special.
So the pressure is on as Alf has taken this class to his heart and produced some cracking results with his cars so I will do my best to compete whilst bearing in mind that I don't want to damage his cars.
So once again thank you to Keith and please post a comment if you are reading this and thanks to all at Presto for a great nights racing and entertainment.
See you next week. Richard

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To All our club members,

I thank you all for your support at the club night and replying to my race reports.

This is my second period with Presto and have loved the support and banter that we have at the club.

The Presto Park Family is a very special community and every one is are prepared to help each other.

Many thanks needs to go to Mike and Averill for providing the club house and the perfectly planned and laid out track with all the scenery and figures.

I am sure all members are very grateful for this very special hobby.

Again I would like to say to those of you that have viewed the race report I have noticed that again its only the club members who have replied.

For all club members I will discuss with Mike on Wednesday about continuing till the end of the year.

Thanks to all the club members for your comments

Keith

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Keith, I fear you are labouring under a misconception about the purpose of club forums on here. As I pointed out to Mike some months ago, they are primarily provided for your members' benefit so they can check results and chat amongst themselves. I wouldn't expect any club forum to generate large numbers of comments from non-members and hardly any of them contain outside contributions. So long as your own members are contributing then all is well with your forum. People from other clubs will sometimes look in to see how you are doing but don't necessarily feel the need to comment as it is not their club and they don't know the people involved. I read the newspaper every day but I don't constantly write letters to the editor to prove I am doing so. If folk are reading the race reports then your forum is doing its job and keeping Presto in the public eye.

By the way, hitting the 'caps lock' button and shouting at people doesn't actually encourage them to join in - it tends to put people off reading your stuff altogether.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello all,

Yes I agree with Richard on this one, thanks to Keith for all the race reports through-out the year. I myself enjoy reading them as its a full explanation of what went on through out the nights racing and as Richard says it carry's the race night on through the week so id like to see these continue. As for the racing what a night it was, lots of close racing is done every time we race American muscle due to the cars all running 18k motors so no one can get a speed advantage, this then comes down to the set up of the car. I always remember Alan S telling me when I first started treat these cars as if they are a real race car, make sure everything is exactly as it should be. It just goes to show if you do that, your car will win races and go well. I'm pleased to return this week after a week off feeling fresh and ready to race again for the rest of the season, I took 4 wins in the heats and won the A final just due to Skippy giving me a hard race side by side for about 20 laps before he come out of the slot. After last week I knew I had to beat Mike because of him gaining a 20 point advantage and due to him not having such a good night I've managed to pull that down to 12 point gap. As Mike has been saying this will go down to the last race of the season. He after last week is now leading the championship on 718 and I am now 2nd on 706. Watch your back mike as I'm coming for you
biggrin.png
bring on the F1 next week where I hope it'll be me and Mike side by side like Hamilton and Vettel.

See you all then
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
106 Posts
I tell you what Keith I've just taken a look at some of the other clubs and homed in on a couple of local ones to us I have have found that they are getting lots of views. - in the region of 200 with 0 replies so not even their own members are responding so I would again say what a fine job you are doing as you capture the spirit of our club in your reports and are getting a level of response which other clubs can only dream of.
As for shouting in your report this week again a continuation of the nights we enjoy where based on our age demographic one needs to shout to be heard such is the banter and laughter to be had at Presto - long may it continue.
Apologies for my typo in my previous post - I would like to make it absolutely clear that I have not and will not have anything to do with Pesto - unlike Presto of course.

Regards Richard

·
Registered
106 Posts
I obviously feel the need to make up for the last couple of months so here goes again.

Welcome to our newest members Richard and James.

Regards Richard

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks for the report Keith. I do try and copy these over to facebook when I have time. The club does seem to be getting some followers there.

American muscle doesn't appear to be one of my favourite classes this year, car seems to have declined since last year, I suppose it doesn't help that my motor is held in with superglue in the chassis.

The newer nascar chassis don't fit the older cars like mine & Iain's as the shape is different. The official part number for the Chevrolet chassis is w9166 but couldn't find this in stock anywhere, however part w9168 which for the first Taurus also fits, found on eBay for £10.30 including postage.

What was the chassis number you couldn't find mike?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hi Lyle, it is W10727 for the 1969 Camaro model which has narrower screw post spacings both front and back. The 1970 chassis doesn't fit and the post spacings are wider apart. Have looked everywhere in UK and can't find any. It appears the 3D chassis is available for the 1970 car but for the inline motor only.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for your comments Brian and understand where your coming from and have taken those comments on board.

To all club members

I will continue as competition secretary until I am told that I am no longer required, I love being able to promote the club and I am also trying to find ways for us to increase our membership.

Presto Park has one of the best circuits in the country as it has scenery and figures and Mike takes the time to make sure the circuit is perfect for us to race on.

Here's to many years of slot racing

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
Hi Fellow competitors,

Thanks for the good close racing on Wednesday nite!! Had tried the Camaro and Challenger but reverted to the backup car, white Ford Falcon. That was competitive enough but lacked driver/controller skills!! Did well considering.

I will be modifying the orange 1969 Camaro #2 chassis with slot-it in line 3D chassis from Shapeways as the original was defective, hence not so good handling, 3 de-slots in as many yards during the practice lap !!!!

Looking forward to the F1 next week with Jocken's Lotus and Hammy's Mercedes vying for primary car position. Should it pass the test trials, then maybe Seb's Red Bull could be a contender!! Ha! Ha!

Regards commenting on this club, I know of many who do read it especially ex club members and we do discuss it should we meet in public places.

See you all again soon.

Black Bull Man!!

Tone

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks to everyone who supported Keiths latest race report. It is good for Averil an I to see you guys posting comments about the race and also your views about the club. We try very hard to give you all the best possible race night each week in a great environment and generally our attendance numbers reflect this, so thank you all. Mike

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Richard
Just a reminder that I'm expecting you to race the wheels off those F1s please feel free to change anything on them. It does not matter if you break them.
Just make sure that you beat James and Mike !!!!!
Alf

1 - 20 of 23 Posts