SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
184 Posts
AMERICAN TROPHY MEETING 22 & 23/07/17

After a jam packed practice day on the Saturday a sunny Sunday morning in July saw 15 racers plus assorted Oaklands members roll up at the front doors ready and raring to go.

Classes this year were the normal Indy/F1, CAN-AM and my personal favourite out of the three classes TRANS-AM/NASCAR.

Concours

It had been decided in the dark depths of the Landlords office, between numerous, cups pf tea on Saturday night that this would be decided by the Oaklands members pairing up 2 to a class and judging what they considered to be the best car in each class.

After about 15 mins and a lot of money changing hands (I can now fly first class to the worlds in October
dribble.gif
) we had our posh car winners:-

Indy/F1 - Mick Kerr

CAN-AM - Shan Kerr

TRANS AM/NASCAR - Mark Webster

Right now we have got the pretty stuff decided on to the first class of the day.

Indy/F1

We used the normal format of 1 min qualifying, free choice of lane and all laps to count which then puts you into 4 x 3 min segmented heats win from any heat. We used the same format for all three classes.

After a few minor issues (mainly race control having issues getting another cup of tea from her so called club mates) we had a qualifying order.

The top three are as follows:-

Qualifying -

1st Mick Kerr

2nd Jim Kelly

3rd Mick Langridge

After along and drawn out battle race control finally gets a cup of tea
biggrin.png
but only because the Landlord (Dave Beeching) takes pity on me. Any how I suppose you want to know the race results? Well, after four sets of heats they are as follows:-

1st Mick Kerr 94. 51 Laps

2nd Mick Thompson 93 .66

3rd Eddie Grice 88.48

4th Dave Beeching 88.12

5th Jeff Norton 87.84

6th Dick Smith 87.61

7th Ralph Parker 87.47

8th Jim Kelly 87.21

9th Mick Langridge 86.89

10th Shan Kerr 85.23

11th Robbie Davies 84.08

12th Dave Collins 79.85

13th Mark Webster 75.44

14th John Newns 72.12

15th Mike Newns 68.49

CAN-AM

Qualifying was a fun affair with a few people deciding to try not breaking for a few of the corners. This I can say was not the way to go and will not catch on
thumbsup2.gif

Qualifying -

1st Eddie Grice

2nd Mick Kerr

3rd Jeff Norton

So because I am a fair and good race controller (HA ! from Chairman Ralph) I let them have a 30 min lunch break (and because I was bloody starving)

30 mins later fed, and watered, we all returned to the track to start racing.

After four more fun heats we had our finishing order which is as follows:-

1st Mick Thompson 100.63 Laps

2nd Jim Kelly 99.53

3rd Dick Smith 98.64

4th Mick Kerr 98.53

5th Eddie Grice 97.45

6th Jeff Norton 95.53

7th Shan Kerr 93.52

8th Dave Collins 91.46

9th Mick Langridge 91.18

10th Robbie Davies 90.78

11th Dave Beeching 90.08

12th Ralph Parker 84.57

13th Mark Webster 82.76

14th Mike Newns 77.24

15th John Newns 75.05

TRANS-AM/NASCAR

With a close round of qualifying and a quick tea and biscuits break as is the Oaklands way we have our qualifying order.

Qualifying -

1st Mick Kerr

2nd Mick Thompson

3rd Dick Smith

There was a bit of trading of paint work in this class but after four hard fought heats we have our score board.

1st Mick Kerr 95.55 Laps

2nd Dave Beeching 95.19

3rd Mick Thompson 93.74

4th Dick Smith 92.55

5th Jeff Norton 92.47

6th Jim Kelly 91.42

7th Eddie Grice 89.64

8th Mick Langridge 89.24

9th Shan Kerr 87.64

10th David Farrow 87.51

11th Dave Collins 86.98

12th Ralph Parker 82.15

13th Robbie Davies 80.76

14th Mark Webster 77.79

15th Mike Newns 77.76

16th John Newns 76.91

17th Sam Farrow 72.55

Just to add it was very close racing throughout the entire field but I did not know till the power went off who would win out of Mick Kerr and Dave Beeching it was finally decided by who rolled furthest when the power went off, Mick was flatout on the straight but poor Dave was in the corner complex.

Victor Ludorum

After many sums and adding points up this was awarded to Mick Kerr.

Thanks to all who came and it was a fab meeting and hope to see you all there next year.

Sandy xx

Chairman Ralph - The entry is filling up already

Photos will follow at a later date.

· Registered
125 Posts
Just a thought about the comment in the Trans Am report about who rolled the furthest to win, sure

ly the race finishes when the power goes off not how how far they roll after the race has finished, can you imagine what would if Vettel passed Hamilton after the finishing line and claimed victory, any one got any thoughts on this ???

· Premium Member
584 Posts
Just a thought about the comment in the Trans Am report about who rolled the furthest to win, sure

ly the race finishes when the power goes off not how how far they roll after the race has finished, can you imagine what would if Vettel passed Hamilton after the finishing line and claimed victory, any one got any thoughts on this ???
Well he got away with overtaking under a safety car!! whilst playing dodgems ;)

Makes note to have a freewheeling car if I get to Oaklands, whether I will get it to roll the five laps i'll be behind is another matter though!
dribble.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.