SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hi Laurence,

I thought I saw an Arii Porsche floating around your track on your Beetle thread.

I have almost all the kits that Arii/MicroAce make. The chrome on every kit really pops. They all make great slot cars.

Looking forward to seeing how you complete it. (y)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Funny thing... I had one of those opened up just yesterday to have a look at how much guide post room there was up front. These Arii kits are great, I have done a few of the other models (Mazda RX-7, Honda GTZ), but I have two of these beauties sitting in my project cupboard waiting for inspiration. I had not realised that this kit came with two sets of wheels - bonus inserts! for sure.

Peter

·
Registered
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having just driven a round trip of 40 miles in 29.5 degrees centigrade, and hideous traffic, to drop Mrs Grumpy at the nearest railway station, I will not be building any more slot cars today. Instead I shall content myself by looking at pictures and sitting still.

Mrs Grumpy has gone to inspect the County of Kent for an entire week, so I'll stop moaning right now.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, thanks, Bill.very nice, too. I still have clear memories of Vic Elford in the Hafren Forest on the 1968 RAC Rally. The works' cars were orange-ish, and roughly (not quite) the same colour was continued with the factory 914/6 rally cars.

·
Registered
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Racing cars look very different when they appear in magazine photographs, which is why master model makers try to capture what spectators see. Critics have frequently slammed models for being " inaccurate " - even when the miniatures have been scaled down perfectly from a 1:1 - because perceptions at speed are often very different from 'reality'.
Vehicle Car Paint People in nature Gesture

1 - 20 of 53 Posts