SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive been planning out my track but have seen an oval layout like nascars, but i was wondering weather any of u guys have a nascar layout and are they much fun to race on ???????

·
Registered
238 Posts
Plenty of people race on ovals (especially popular with our cousins across the pond). It's certainly an easy set-up to recreate. Whether they are fun or not is all down to your own tastes and preferences.

I prefer more than four corners in my racing so it holds absolutley no appeal for me at all, but there are others who no doubt will love em.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey ICFO!

As I recall you were after a layout idea for a 9x4 foot space using Carrera track from the figure 8 lemans sets? Well Carrera's track planner only handles metric so I converted the dimensions and here's a plan. The lanes are quite equal in length (about a metre different) but it might be fun.

If you don't like it then let me know, it's your layout after all

Mark.

·
Rich Dumas
3,546 Posts
I have found that ovals are a lot of fun to race on, but they quickly become boring when you run on them by yourself. I race on one track that is a "squared circle", like Indy, that has an infield section that is optional. Making the track convertable just increases your options

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have a pro-built oval at HSARC, and we did have a 4 lane Carrera oval. We dismatled that.

Our exiting oval is used for tuning and testing, and for beginners. We really don't race on it that much. Even here in the US, most people get bored very quickly on the oval....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts