SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried to find the answer by using the search function, but I´m still unsure. So please apologize my stupid question.

Can I run analog cars on a SSD track using SSDC? I found an analog mode, but according to a thread I found here it seems, that it´s not the classical analog mode that I know from the normal 6-car power base.

When I put an analog car on the track, the lights start beeming and the base max a humming noise.

Do i have to use the tower display that came with the original platinum set to race analog instead of the SSDC?

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

Markus

·
Prof I T
11,197 Posts
hi
if the car is showing headlights and making a buzzing noise this means you have a non chipped car on track and the powerbase is still in digital mode.

You should have an icon at the top of the screen of ssdc wich toggles between analouge and digital,when you enter analouge mode you will hear the fan of the apb slow a little.

This assumes that you are using C7042 apb powerbase and not the older C7030 pbpro base. Not sure even if it has been converted to 2 lane analouge that the older base can be toggled.??

Also clc can cause issues unless you have modded them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That describes perfectly what happens. ;-)

There is an icon on the top where I can choose between the different modes. But althoug the analog mode is marked, the buzzing sound appears when I put a non-chipped car on the track.

I have the 7042 version of the powerbase and I don´t use clc. I just updated the firmware, because it still had the original version on, maybe that helps. I´m going to try it tonight.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Cheers

Markus

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hi Markus

I haven't used SSDC for a while but I think you can also switch to analogue whilst in SSDC using the following undocumented key combination:
On the powerbase press and hold the up, left and right arrows at the same time. Whilst holding down all three buttons, press the start button 5 times and you will hear the fan speed decrease and you should be in analogue mode.
You can't ID the cars, of course, so you just see lap times under ID 1 and ID 2 for the 2 lanes in analogue.

Chris

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello!

Thanks bigbird! Sometimes solutions are too easy...

One last question - I swear! ;-) Cars with a digital chip drive perfectly in analog mode. Cars without a chip a driving backwards. Any idea why?!

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Markus

·
Prof I T
11,197 Posts
hi
not sure on this one but i think the only way to alter direction is to plug in the carppy supplied display tower and set the direction in there.

It is usually best to run analouge in the opposite to digital as the flippers will never interfere with the progress. There have been a few members who have installed magnets to the underside of the flippers to stop them floating when a cars pass over.

This scenario is worse when using cars with magnet for traction.

This may well be on the list of things for Andy to do(direction toggle) within ssdc. I have heard of V1.10 being mentioned some time ago.

·
Greg Gaub
15,382 Posts
A direction control in SSDC would be ideal.
As for running analog backward, I don't think that's best. Most SSD designs call for the lane changers to be prior to turns. Running backward would put them following turns. Cars that drift will catch the lane change exits and change lanes in the reverse direction. This is fine for single lane analog, but would be bad if trying to race two lane analog. I would recommend getting the direction set properly with the tower, and racing the same direction. If you have any lane changers where the flippers tend to move away from the rail and cause a change or crash (guide hitting flipper tip), then a little bit of tape to hold it to one side should do the trick nicely.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Using the "normal tower" works - I guess I have to do that every time I switch from digital to analog mode? I mean disconecting the SSDC and putting on the normal display tower?

I´m sooooo glad my LEGO bricks don´t need any power supplies or software to work...

Thanks!

Markus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts