SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am currently running scx compact but want to switch to Scalextric 1:32. My question is which would survive better in the enviorment i plan to keep it in? I live in south Florida and my track is kept in an non climated controlled garage. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

·
Peter Seager-Thomas
1,214 Posts
I asked this same question a year or so ago since my local mini-climate is one which seals up gummed envelopes at times. From the replies, there seem to be plenty of folk around who have no problems running both ordinary Sport and Digital in both damp and slightly salty beachside environments. I would hope that if Scaley track is sold in Florida it will work there? Perhaps you should ask your local supplier what guarantees he will give?

Peter

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
My layout has been in the garage 25 years.
The North East of England is damp & cold practically all of the time , & it`s on the North Sea coast.
I rub the track twice a year with WD40. Never had a problem with rust.
Just never use abrasives to clean your track.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've had my track set up in my shed/garage for a couple of years now. The temperature varies from about 5 deg Celcius to about 40 deg C in summer (more than that inside the shed on a 40+deg C day. I have had no problems with warping of the track although when I first set the track up in the shed/garage I had a few pieces show signs of rust due to damp, never had the problem since applying Inox to the rails.

Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been using Blue Magic on the rails of my scx compact track and it seemed to work well. I have not been able to use the track for about three weeks now. I will see how well it protects it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts