SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.
Use AWM file to reconfigure LB to double as an analogue module.
Connect orange (negative) and blue (positive) to rails.
Connect red and black power wires to power supply.
Configure controller to ID 1.
Now race an analogue car on analogue track.

Ive just been re-trialling the LB as an analogue module and so far so good.

For best results LB needs to be on top of table. Try with enclosure on and off.

The analogue module will be out soon but this might keep you going.......

Ill email the AWM file now.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7A continuous, 10A peak

Rick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That's what i figured some months ago :)

When the track's configured this way, it means nothing has changed for the LB's in the track that control the LC's right?

So when power from the LB is transmitted to both lanes in the track, this means you could drive one analogue car on both lanes with LC's working, right?

When you apply two LB's, and you use one for every lane in the track - and there's no electrical connection between lane 1 to 2 at all! -
you could drive analogue the old way, one car for every lane.
Provided you do not use the LC button, for this might make your car change lanes and come under control of the other LB, right?

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
QUOTE (Merc_A @ 14 Jun 2011, 22:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's what i figured some months ago :)

When the track's configured this way, it means nothing has changed for the LB's in the track that control the LC's right?

Correct.

QUOTE So when power from the LB is transmitted to both lanes in the track, this means you could drive one analogue car on both lanes with LC's working, right?

Correct

QUOTE When you apply two LB's, and you use one for every lane in the track - and there's no electrical connection between lane 1 to 2 at all! -
you could drive analogue the old way, one car for every lane.

Correct.

QUOTE Provided you do not use the LC button, for this might make your car change lanes and come under control of the other LB, right?

No. If using an analogue car, the car has no way of performing a lane change. Assuming you mean an analogue car of course

Rick

·
Registered
195 Posts
In case you've maintenance power lines on the analog track you need to be careful and take them from the LB.
There will be a nice job behind but its possible to have a multi-system track working incredibly. In some weeks, I'm sure we will see very interesting solutions...

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
WAM (LB RECONFIGURED) WIRING DIAGRAM

The LB is essentially a 2.4GHz phidget, so here we go......

1)The orange liven flipper wire is earth, it simply joins to the black earth and goes to the earth on the driver station. (Which in turn goes to track and negative on power supply)
2)The blue liven flipper wire goes to positive on track.
3)The red wire goes to the positive on the power supply.

Reconfigure the LB to WAM using AWM program, click on program, follow prompts.
Default on LB ID is 1. Set controller 1. Place analogue car on rails. Race.
ID can be changed on WAM, using same directions as changing ID on car.

WAM should go on top of table in prominent position to get good reception.

And brakes 0-100% work perfectly.

Rick

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rick, as you can imagine, this is one of the best news you could give us.
It will be easy, clean and probably "problem free" against some strict Club rules.

Many thanks!
SW evolves avery day...
...future is now

Aditionally, if I'm not wrong, on an Analog DS S&G Box, the connection is as follows:

1) Orange Flipper cable --> Connected to the Red plug on the DS box.
2) Blue Flipper cable --> Connected to the Black plug on the DS box.
3) Red Cable --> Connected to the White plug on the DS box.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
There are 4 cables on the LB. Power in (red), and its earth(black), power out + (blue), and power out- (orange)
Red goes to power supply via DS
Black goes to earth via DS
Orange goes to earth via DS
Blue goes to + track rail via DS.

Or in other words twist orange and black together and then to earth.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys,

Looking forward to you guys beta testing this, so far for me this version has worked 100%, and identical characteristics to driving the digital equivalent, ie throttle response and braking. In fact you cant tell the difference.

Just did a little test, the power on the PSU measured 12.07V, when operating controller to full, guess what the voltage on the rails is? 12.07V, no losses whatsoever.

I think analogue just took a big step forward today:)

Rick

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry, I forgot the black wire when writting down this previous post:

QUOTE (djlutz @ 16 Jun 2011, 20:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1) Orange Flipper cable + Black cable (earth) --> Connected to the Red plug on the DS box.
2) Blue Flipper cable --> Connected to the Black plug on the DS box.
3) Red Cable --> Connected to the White plug on the DS box.

DS Plug (male):

SW WAM LB system should be the replacement for this DS Plug when racing with SW controller + analog cars in analog tracks.

Again, thanks Rick.
(Tomorrow tests and results).

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Ok all I need now is the DS wiring diagram, what the 3 arrows represent.
Bannana plugs at 15mm centres? I can make a small box with bannana plugs, too easy

We can make a matching digital plug. Just plug it in and the track is now powered for digital.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Dani,
Need to see inside the controller plug now. I have an "Aussie" analog/digital driver station set up, Ill supply pictures later. Just plug in the module and race, its so damn simple, and proudly a Scorpius concept. Just plug in the digital plug, now race Scorpius digital.

Touch wood the module has performed perfectly. We may be ready to go into production once I get the feedback from you guys.

Rick

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rick, I tested it today, I've my 1st prototype working.
Amazing, people will love it.

LB prepared for WAM

WAM with LED control window

WAM Ready.

I've some videos racing analog with the WAM, let me post them tomorrow.

I've been racing WAM during 1 hour, and the feeling is like racing with my best analog controller.

People will be happy for it.

More info (Spanish) and pics at:
http://www.slotdigital.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry226138

·
Registered
195 Posts
Short video on static position:

As soon as the DS S&B relay switches ON, the LB receives power and begans to work.
As Rick commented, the voltage is the same with SW WAM as with a normal analog controller, it means that no Voltage is lost internally and we will race in same conditions like traditional drivers.

This week (Thursday), SW WAM will participate in an offical Analog race in Barcelona.
The driver (Litus) will tell us his feelings against his Engage3.

Let's see how it works and may be some pictures...

I'm just resizing the pictures and uploading again, sorry they should be resized from the begining, something did not work...

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Dani,
Hmmm using a prototype to race with, now that takes guts

Testing here so far has had it running 100% since this last round of tests began Im happy to say, so good luck and I look forward to the outcome.

Rick

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys.
Tonite I went to Extreme Trax about an hour and a half drive south of Sydney.
Its a routed 6 lane analogue track with a 10 m straight. Track is about 42 m long Id reckon.

It was the first time Id raced there and the first time Ive used Scorpius WAM in anger

It went perfectly, I came 11th out of 16 drivers and even had a fastest lane time on lane 6. Not bad on a strange track but more importantly not bad for the Scorpius WAM prototype. And I must say a lot of fun. ..........more to follow.

Rick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts