SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Slotissimo Mini Cooper pick-up's! See here for more of these.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being in Dubai, I'm a few hours ahead of most. But I guess I'm a kind of a mixture between Moped and Gorp...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Certainly an unusual subject, whichever way you look at it!
That would be 'Morp' or 'Goped' for your new persona, Russell?

·
Registered
714 Posts
LOL! It would be hard to find three people less alike.
One can spell and does, one can spell but doesn't, one can't spell.
One has in-depth knowledge and is articulate, one has it but isn't, one has neither.
Better stop there!

Beautiful little models, but pricey!
It would be interesting to see inside them, what motor, transmission, etc.
Does anyone have one to give an opinion on how they run and whether they are worth it?

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
i do not like them much yet i love the real thing looking at them the the roofline and bonnet is to long and the pickup bay is not long enough, the real one was longer than a standard mini and looking at it that model is to short. and if you were going to pay out that much money for one i would expect it to be perfect. cool livries though

G

·
years ago I used to drive around in a white Mini pick-up, as all ready stated the shape is wrong, but I love the wheels on them.

RR.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have not long since started converting an old Scalextric Mini in to a pick-up, with a view to producing a few resin shells.... suddenly I've lost all motivation...

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
if you are going to cary on onverting to a pickup you will have to lengthen the car as the pickup,van,estate(traveller) and the wolsey hornet and riley elf ran a longer platform than the standard mini

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE if you are going to cary on onverting to a pickup you will have to lengthen the car as the pickup,van,estate(traveller) and the wolsey hornet and riley elf ran a longer platform than the standard mini
Yes but,the pickup van and estate had 4 inches tacked into the Wheelbase,whereas the Hornet and Elf had the same 80"wheelbase as the standard Mini,but had the Boot lengthened by about 8"

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Good point!
Hard to think of any rationality in those design decisons - perhaps we could euphemistically call it British eccentricity!

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Hard to think of any rationality in those design decisons - perhaps we could euphemistically call it British eccentricity!
Well,makes perfectly good sense to me,the Van Pickup and Traveller where all Utility vehicles,and required the extra space.They also added some inches Behind the rear wheels too.If they had taked all the extra length onto the Standard 80" Wheelbase,they would have looked pretty Goofy,proportionwise,with a rather longish overhang at the back.

I think they got the proportions just right,and most people,even those that own them,don't even realise they are longer wheelbase.

The Elfs and Hornets,were basically Standard Mini bodyshellls with a bit of a Boot tacked on the back,and in actual fact,gives the car a very nice balanced apearance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts