SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
We signed on the dotted line on Thursday, got the key Friday and moved in to start the transformation today.

QUOTE "Swiss Race Bahn 8132"

A collaboration between 3 SlotForum members ('Swiss', 'Joergs' and 'thomas' )

The name is derived from my ID, the competition I ran here earlier this year and the numbers relate to 1/32 scale with the initial '8' being depicted as a figure of eight slot track and referring to the number of different tracks on offer.
8132 is also my villages zip / postal code (lucky numbers huh?
).

It covers 190Sq Metres of floor space.

Final list of Tracks will be:
(most lane lengths not known as yet)

On the counter for testing cars - 1960's Scalextric Rubber.

Other tracks around the room.

4 lane Scalextric Sport. It will be a scenic version of 'Magny Cours'.

2 lane 13.33M Scalextric Micro Mania

2 lane Scalextric Classic / Ninco mix - 'The Sponge Bob' track
I am reliably informed it will be sand yellow and seawater blue colours for the track

2 Lane Scalextric Rally Track, see HERE.

2 Lane 1960's Fäller track, only confirmed last night no more details till we actually see it.

4 Lane Carrera version of 'Suzuka'

Ninco drag strip (unconfirmed)

There will be a Bar, a tuning and pit area, 2 linked PCs for those race games whilst relaxing between slot races and TV with Xbox for the games and the ability to play DVDs.
Online race video streaming is also on the cards if I can persuade Nuro to help and definately not an early addition.

More as it happens...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Holy galloping crap!
That is some pad!
I guess everyone is going to see a good deal less of you for some time to come.
Brilliant coincidence in the village postcode - almost unbelieveable!
The very best of luck with it and I hope maybe I can get across there to sample its delights around midsummer onwards.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will still be here Tropi'.
We have no stress raising deadlines in mind to get everything open by and we have definately already missed the Christmas period so there will be a track on the floor for us during the various building phases.

Rail Racer - watch this space and think 'Carrera and Aluminium strips'.
I have a cunning plan m'Lord

Nuro - count on it! I will send out open invite for Official opening day

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
Best of luck with the new venture, Swiss

Sounds a bit.............. how can I put it..................busy!

Are you going for racing emporium or slot car museum?

No routed track, though!

Mr.M

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More like a place to come, have fun, race and chill out - with options

No routed but there is one near us that might be for sale. So far we are out of space though and the other 200Sq M next door is too expensive right now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Good luck!

Once the lotto finally lands or my unbeknownst rich uncle materializes and then passes, I will hit the road on a vintage racing / F1 / slot car world tour (with a quick distillery detour into the netherlands of Scotland!).

On said tour, I look forward to visiting your humble mecca.

Cheers!

·
Registered
773 Posts
@ Tropi - I worked as a manufacturing manager in teh past and had access to all premises - even if they were actually not used. So we installed a couple of tracks there.

..this has been on of the NINCO-layouts.
The Carrera-track is actually installed in my house in Germany - with a little smaller track length. Had no chance to use all of my track there - so I'm more than happy that Allan found this place in Egg.

@ Mini-Swissracer - will try to call your dad these days. And don't break down walls - we still need the roof to prevent snow falling on the track

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Things are coming on a treat!

Reception:

1960's Scalextric - complete thanks to the generosity of Jexy1

Just need to set the bridge up and sort the base out:

Display:

Kids Corner:

Thomas is getting going with the 14 x 6 metre Carrera 'Suzuka':

Scalextric Sport 'Mugello' is in pre elevation testing:

Initial trials for height and camber:

Dodgy power and control setup

More as it happens.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...nice teasers mate! I hope, we'll get some visitors from SlotForum when the track is set up! Will try to come over to work on the track this weekend - still have to bring lot's of track from Germany - approximately half of the track is still there and you've seen what I've already brought

The Mugello-track looks nice - and if you need some of the MDF for the bridge / /support - just take it! I might get much more!
Keen to race there for the first time

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.