SlotForum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally,after much moaning and groaning my new adjustable brass chassis is almost ready,I am just finishing the jig to solder it all up.

Price will be 20.00us,and will include the bare chassis plus two 3/32x3/16 oilites,and two 3/32 Drill Blank axles.

I will have different price levels with wheels gears etc shortly too.

Hope you all like it.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be a 5/32 brass tube soldered to the front that will take any standard 1/8"guidepost.

I have kept the nose as short as possible to make the chassis particularily adaptable to early sports/saloons such as the TR4,MGB,Beetle etc

It will go down to 2.2" wheelbase,and up to 4",so,it will also work with some smaller 1/24 scale cars such as the Tamiya Mini and Abarth,as weell as a lot of 1/24 Indy and F1 cars.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Now I know where all the 32001 wheels went!

Looks good, Al! Incredibly neat work as always!

And I still
every time I see that billet motor mount!

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE Now I know where all the 32001 wheels went!
Yeah,can't fool you can I Eh!.

Actually,the machine shop is finally running some more wheels for me.

As well as my normal 3/32 bore,they will be available in 1/16(ideal for free wheeling fronts),1/8" for older slot cars,and for the real old stuff,threaded 5/40 for old style threaded axles.

Another week should see them back in stock.I am also doing a line of nice brass axle spacers properly designed for home set cars.They will fit all the axles,including Ninco,and will come in .025,.050,.075,and.100 widths

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Sounds good, Al!
.... and since you're obviously in a production frame of mind...
... any word on the 32203 center-nut inserts?
nudge, nudge.... (Fergy looks at calendar and shudders nervously)

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes,those are currently in the new mold that should be done this weekend along with many other new inserts including the P68s as well as some .450 size Minilites and a few other intersting bits.

As soon as some of the 32001s are in my hand,I will send you some along with some preproduction inserets.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Release date is imminent,just sorting a few details on the jig,and have to do some seup work to punch out the bodymount bits,but,I hope to have all that done this week.

Stay Tuned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts