SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Some years ago, ANDREA MINIATURES, a spanish wellknown figurines manufacturer,designed some race characters for FLY GB TRACKS.

Four sets were issued: One racing officials and marshals, male (my avatar) and female (that can be seen on my post: "Austin Healey NINCO revisited"); TV and press reporters interviewing a pilot, a pair of telemetry engineers (that have to be sat behind a FLY pit wall) and that reference of three characters featuring a pit crew.

Figurines are molded in white metal and were designed for decorating contemporary tracks. Attitudes are quite natural and moulding is very delicate, as you can see.

Some figurine are one piece made, some have to be assembled. I glued arms and legs with a stong epoxy glue. Sanding isn't really necessary because moulding is nearly perfect. Team manager is waiting for his HF microphone that will be glued later on his headphones and belt.

By crachepiquette at 2011-12-31

Anyway, due to the clothes worn, pit crew seems more adapted for rally races than F1 or endurance series.

[IMG]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6296/andrea2z.jpg By crachepiquette at 2011-12-31[/img]

For the moment, I've just spayed a white primer coat on them. Next step will be a carefully painting with oil colours (Humbrol, Vallejo and Prince August paints).

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Andrea Miniatures are absolutely exceptional!!! I provide these cats as testament to the fact.

Tiny, I assure you. They are mounted on dressmaker's pins.

You lucky, lucky person to have AM race crew. I must have some!!!

Jealous now.
Embs

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Here the pitcrew and marshals have a new job as police officers

Contents of FLY packaging can be found here

Cheers!

Julius

·
Registered
255 Posts
Pit crew is now nearly finished. I used Humbrol enamels, Citadel and Valejo paintings. I'll finish by applying Pirelli, Dunlop or Agip décals on the shirts.

Ferrari F430 is fitted with SLOTING+ alloy hubs (Referenced as Europa) and NSR UG tyres.

By crachepiquette at 2012-01-14[/img]

By crachepiquette at 2012-01-14[/img]

By crachepiquette at 2012-01-14

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Cheers Happy,
Nice job, good to see your shading and highlighting. They make the little folks quite vibrant and alive.
Br,
Christian

·
Registered
383 Posts
Really nice paint job on the figures - well done!

They were quite pricey at the time to buy I remember, but the quality was superb - I used them on my pit wall - I think I posted some up here a while ago - if I can figure out how to add the link from there to here I will - if not I'll dig out some piccies and post them up again.

Best Regards,

Chris

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (sig @ 17 Jan 2012, 13:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good heavens!!!
surely not 1:32

It's really 1:32nd scale...
No particular skills needed when the figurines are nicely casted and modelled.
You just need good paints, good brushes, some care and a lot of time to waste...
Unfortunately, the photographic lens is ruthless and all flaws that my poor eyes didn't see are here clearly visible...

Thanks to all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts