SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh I am dead, so so dead - in fact DEAD with a capital DEAD. Twice even - if not more than twice ...

Being an utterly c*ap racer I take no notice of organised racing which stays so far under my radar as to be total blissful bleedin' ignorance.

As some of you may know, my wife and I work up north. This is not permanent so we are taking advantage of our temporary geography to visit places in that general direction thereby slicing 400 miles off the return journey
So far so good.

Our wedding anniversary is coming up so we have booked a long weekend away. I am in our southern outpost as I type this picking up our '87 Merc to take on the trip. We get there on Thursday for our anniversary on the Friday, chill for the weekend and return on Monday.

Our anniversary is this Friday the 20th April.

We are visiting the Isle of Man.

We have booked our stay at the Glen Helen Hotel.

Having been to the Orpington swapmeet today (and checked the "events" page of the NSCC Journal and this forum) I discover that the Manx stage of Slot Rally GB:

Takes place on the 21/22 April.

On the Isle of Man (well, yeah ... natch).

and the real killer ...

At the Glen Helen Hotel.

But the uttermost worstest thing of the lot is that if we'd booked with the SRGB, we could have got a much better room rate

I think the very least I deserve is a nice car

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Z cars, you are either more cunning than the fox who was made Professor of Cunning at Oxbridge University, or just dead jammy (in which case please select my lottery numbers).

I'll buy you a pint at your wake next weekend.

and looking forward to seeing the 87 Merc - I've had a long lasting love affair with Mercs, up until my MLC last year when I chopped an E320 in for an MX5!

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,591 Posts
Calling Z Cars, (never thought I would say/type that - LOL).

Far be it for me to suggest some subterfuge, but... would it be possible that you might just by coincidence obtain a model of said '87 Mercedes? If such a thing exists, get one sent to one of the Manx guys and collect at the event.

This message will self destruct in 24 hours (with any luck).

Kind regards and may I take this opportubity of saying goodbye, Leo

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
This is a disaster! Do you know how long it takes to set up these rally circuits? If you get any blood on them we won't be happy you know!

Hope you haven't booked a Saturday night meal there too as there will be about 21 of us all eating, drinking and talking slot cars round the table! You didn't think it could get any worse did you?

Make sure you introduce yourselves to us won't you? Joking aside, if you both wish to join us on the Saturday night I'm sure you would be very welcome.
Good luck.
Steve

·
Registered
600 Posts
Blimey !

How the hell do you explain that to the missus -

" Err, you know that short break we've booked, Dear ............"

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
My mate took his wife on their honeymoon to watch the Manx International - she didn`t get out of the car at any of the stages - she sat and read a book! They divorced not long after

Cheers - Phil

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Congrats ingenious way to slip that one passed her, anyway on a slightly more serious note, my wife had a reason for celebration drop onto the mat the other day, a letter from the local council the other day comiserating with her on my dimize and saying that they were going to offer her a 25% discount on her council tax as a single resident, they got quite upset when I phoned them and asked if we could keep the discount.
Zen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dr Mrs Z Cars has reacted quite calmly. Since it was Maureen who first suggested the IoM and who pointed out the hotel I think she realises that either 1) I am a completely innocent victim of circumstance or 2) I have mastered mind control. That second option would be WAY too frightening to contemplate since I haven't mastered my own mind yet.

Ergo

Off to Heysham tomorrow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts