SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Have been reading several topics on SF nightly for the last 2 months. As mentioned previously " welcome to insomnia"!!

I had a 19mtr scaley track set up with scenery and all in my shed a couple of years ago and it was great fun....until .....I raced on a local 6 lane routed track. No clicking over joins or bowing track in summer with the timber track so the scaley track got packed back into its box after a year of fun.

I am currently lining my shed ( to dust proof it and make it a bit more comfortable the racers)..then into building my "2 laner no brainer" routed track with scenery. Same layout as my old scaley as it was a good fast fun layout.

Have enjoyed reading a variety of opinions and look forward joining in various discussions in the future.

Cheers for now
KT

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome.
Get a stock non tuned 4WD and RWD slot car for great fun racing with mates. They are equally balanced-4WD has good acceleration and great cornering abilities whereas RWD has great accleration and good cornering abilities. No 1:1 car references allowed in replies to this post though.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Aussie. You don't say what part of the country you are from.

It is good to see afew more guys getting interested in the world scene,I think you will get some great input from all the guys on this list.

I hope to see afew more Aussie's join the Proxy building trail next year now that Terry has broken the ice.

Morten might even get active again,he always manages to build "interesting "cars.

Phil

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for the welcome guys.

To the fellow Aussies, I am from Adelaide, (Morphett Vale way). I'm not a member of a club but have a hankering for "speed" and having my own pemanent track in my own back yard will satisfy my "habit".

Will post pix, but that will be around Christmas time before I get down and get dusty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts