Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Ever since they first came out I have wanted to put lights in a VMG Can Am car. Mostly just because there is little space inside and it looked like a challenge, however none of them even had lights until the Gulf Mirage arrived so..

Another slot goal achieved..

After much thought I decided to mount everything on the chassis section and not the bodywork as usual. This mostly because of the limited space but also because of the positioning (on the chassis) of the back lights. This is the first time I have mounted a light kit with trailing light wires as opposed to those going to the motor...

Low rear lights look good reflected in the track although I suspect these were actually just brake lights and not full time rear lights...

Fronts look extra bright because the silvered lenses were large enough to drill and refit over the LEDs to increase brightness with reflection...

NB: Note the short arse driver? He is lowered to the right height thanks to tips originally supplied over on Home Racing World by Harry.

Basically involves some major liposuction to the lower set of human cheeks and some minor surgery to the spinal column, nothing any self respecting plastic surgeon would not attempt armed with a dremel and some fast setting plastic skin

Enjoy!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (fouldsc @ 21 Oct 2004, 15:21)nice work!
and great photos - what camera you using ?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Year old Olypmus Camedia C-740 Ultra Zoom.
Super macro feature is amazing. Oh and I use the self timer and a mini tripod (pocket size) ALL the time.

·
Registered
543 Posts
for what it's worth

the Mirage GR8 was never a CanAm car. it was a 3.0 litre prototype and primarily ran in the World Championship for Makes sports car manufacturers championship. Lemans, Sebring and etc. those rear lights were both taillights and brake lights.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers monquispot
might explain why it HAS lights ehh?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Swiss,

Looks great! I love the VMG's regardless of all the controversy. I have 6 of them and they are some of my favorites without magnets.

From what I can tell your track looks fabulous. Is it pictured anywhere?

Jay

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No just the bare motor cover, which I remember thinking was not worth putting in to be honest.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (jhardy33 @ 21 Oct 2004, 19:33)From what I can tell your track looks fabulous. Is it pictured anywhere?

Jay
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, you can find it at www.swissracebahn.com or many posts and articles here on the forum, especially the recent SkotForum Birthday Party posts.

Thanks for the compliment!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts