Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

After a very persuasive and complimentary phone call from Doug, I have decided to join the Forum. I may be able to add some comments from a dealers point of view, even be helpful with information sometimes, but can't promise to contribute regularly (I do have a business to run, after all !)

I can echo many of the threads started by or contributed to by Sean at Pendle, and I am sure Sean will confirm that we have very similar outlooks from a dealers viewpoint, as well as both being experienced racers and collectors.

I can recognise many of the contributors, some of whom are good friends and or customers (how many years have I known Russell Sheldon ? I think we would both be too embarrassed to admit the truth !).

I hope I will become a useful member of the Forum community, and wish the best to all the current slot enthusiasts. Just give me a little time to find my way around before giving me a hard time !

Gary at MRE

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hi Gary, twisted humour doesn`t work too well here so be careful. Get stuck in mate

Jon at Phoenix

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Great to see you here, Gary!

Looking forward to getting news of all the latest releases as and when they come out. I'm especially looking forward to your Nurenberg report!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes, the annual MRE Nurnburg report is one of the highlights of late winter/early spring (depending on when Gary finds time to complete it) for me.

So, welcome to MRE and we can encourage him to keep up that good tradition!
It does get read, have no fear of that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome to SlotForum Gary! When are you in Nuernberg? I'm there - and probably Swiss will be with me on Saturday and Sunday. Might be a chance to meet - and to talk. I'm not shure if you've got an appointment with Stadlbauer there... Might be helpful

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
What are you looking forward to seeing there Thomas? Which manufacturer is top of your list mate

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gary.

I have been a semi-regular mail order buyer from MRE over the years and must say his service is top notch.

I've also had the pleasure of visiting his shop in Leighton Buzzard a few years ago while on a business trip to London.

A pleasant Saturday morning train ride up, a delighful coffee while I browsed served by Gary's lovely wife, an entire wall of slots to gaze longingly at!

I bought my Fly Ferrari 512S C1 and the Sunoco Lola #6 on that visit.

What a day, what a night (but that's another story altogether!!!)

Wish I lived a little closer than Toronto, CANADA, I'd visit more often!!

cheers,

Ken R

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You got the best all year round deal though ken! I love Canada, wanna swap homes? You get a free Scalextric club as part of the deal mate

·
Registered
349 Posts
Some days getting up and heading somewhere completely new and doing something completely different sounds pretty darn enticing!!

Thanks Johnny, I'll keep your offer for consideration on one of those days!

·
Registered
773 Posts
@ jonny s - have already appointments with NINCO and Carrera - and the main distributor of slotcars in Germany H&T - as he shows most of the small manufacturers. Did not get any reply up to today from Fly and SCX - to get information from both of them is always a little problem - , still try to negotiate a date with TeamSlot. To get a date with Scalextric has never been a problem - the guys there are always very helpful.
I'm looking for all main manufacturers there - and take my digi-cam with me to make lot's of pictures as any year... Screen the Nuernberg-2004-section on my hp...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sounds like you will be busy Thomas. Have a great time and I know that you will advise us of any interesting developments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts