SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

After my first install of a Cartrix light set in my M3Gtr, I wanted to make the lights of my Daytona work... Well... they work... It's really nice... But the red LEDs in the back give a glow around the lights... The body itself shines through...

What do you guys do about that?

Greetz!

Gunther

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I allready thougt about an "Alcohol Marker"

I don't know the exact words in English... but you guys know what I mean ha? These:

Would that work?

Or paint the inside of the body black?

I just want to get rid of that glow!!!

Greetz

Gunther

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
I usually paint inside of the body with black enamel. Humbrol or Revell modeller´s enamel should be ok. I would not trust black marker pen to do the job.

Julius

·
David Moss
464 Posts
I'd go with Lordjw's suggestion. But if you want a 'pen' answer, the alcohol pen won't work! The only thing that would is a printers 'light safe' pen. It's used by printers that still print from negative film & can be used to cover clear spots in large areas of black film. Not that easy to get hold of so go with the Humbrol paint.

Just my 4 pennies worth, but don't try the alcohol pen! Trust me, I'm a doctor. Err...I mean I'm in the printing trade & for once I know what I'm talking about.

BacardiBeast

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
yup, as above i use enamel paint, usually black or silver.

You can get enamel pens, they are like fibre-tip marker pens, but full of enamel paint. A black one of these would work fine too.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
A bit of silver kitchen foil glued or taped inside the body does the trick. the silver also assists in reflecting the over-glow back into the bulb if you can wrap it around the bulb/bodywork union. It also weighs nothing so your car's performance is not affected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts