SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems as if it is traditional to introduce yourself here.

I first started slot racing in the mid-sixties when I received a Scalextric set for Christmas. I expanded that set for just over 10 years, then gave it to a friend of the families kid when I left home and went to work at sea.
I recently bought an old set at a car boot sale. Since then I have bought a few more bits of track and some cars.
I lived in New Zealand for a few years; while I was there I had a Ford XC Cobra for a while. Sometime I intend to build myself a slot car replica of that car. It has been almost 30 years since I built a slot car so it may take me some time.
I now live on the Sunshine Coast in BC, Canada. My work means I am based in Aberdeen, Scotland so I spend a lot of my time in the UK.

I have also recently rekindled my interest in photography; this time I have gone digital. The slot cars make interesting subjects but I'm not too happy with my results so far.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Welcome Synth!

I wonder if you can exchange air miles for slot cars - you must be racking a few up travelling between Scotland and Canada!

Enjoy!
Mark.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Hi Synth, welcome

Taking photos of these pesky little cars is tricky. You need close-up shots and to get the best depth of field, you need lots of light. Keep at it and show us some of your work as soon as you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts