SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hi,

Everybody knows we are not a real club, more like a bunch of friends who have the same interests. Once in a while we encounter some great new people (like we met Vee8) that became friends too now. Our newest friend is Johan and ever since he met us and raced on wood with us... he's addicted to wood and buildinge 1/24 cars too. He took away his Ninco 2-lane and started building his Lester Raceway... A superb track in my opion, where the "ideal line technique" is integrated too:

The ex-Ninco:

The drawings:

Routing all the way:

Some results:

The first layer of schoolboard paint:

Second layer:

Sides of the track taped off to paint a white line along the circuit.

The white lines are dried, taped off again to paint the curbstones:

Second color:

Third color on the curbs is dried and two lanes are already taped with coppertape:

Yesterday we put the walls up anlong the table to prevent big crashes, we also fixed the current to the tracks and put up the timing system.

So we could testdrive the track for the first time after weeks of hard work from Johan:

The track is perfectly built and drives really good, but lacks grip at the moment (wich is perfecly normal, the big Petit Spa had that same problem at first). The "ideal line technique" works perfectly well here. There is a great balance between squeezes and paralel corners. Now Johan will put up scenery... and when he does that... it will be with lots of great details... like he makes his cars.

Sublime job so far Johan and welcome to our "Club"!

Feel free to comment!

G.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Johan will host our new big "Petit Spa Club" event too... A Le Mans 1970-1974 Endurance race like the 10 Hours of Petit Spa. On the pictures you see my 1971 Porsche 917k testdriving.

Other cars that will be in that race:

- Ferrari Dino
- Porsche 3.0 RSR
- Porsche 917k Martini Daytona (grey)
- Porsche 917k 1970 Le Mans Winner
- Ford GT40 Gulf
- Ferrari 512s Daytona
- Ford GT40 Daytona
- Porsche 910

I'm really looking forward to that race!

G.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well,

We have

- the original Ninco Petit Spa (that will be rebuilt in wood too in the coming months, once this track is finished completely)
- the Rally track in wood
- the big four laner (Petit Spa 2) in my garage
- Jo's track: t'Zolderken
- and now this excellent Lester Raceway!

Kinda much for a bunch of friends... not? Next "season" we can race a full season on 5 different tracks... and there should be 2 or 3 tracks more in the coming two years.

G.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.