SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
i have been asked many times how to get these models to handle better than than there club mates car of the same type, but because of the tyres if kept scale there is little you can do, too large a motor and you have wheel spin, weight added holds them down but affects the braking, the hight of these cars also restricts there corner speeds , its a trade off , but what it dose do is create close racing, most people who have tryed this era of car find that going for the largest wheelbase and track gives a slight edge, so the answer for rules i would suggest , keep the wheels /tyres,wheelbase and track scale, limit cars to no later then 1963/4 just befor tyres started to get wider, you can not hope to get the same "stickability" as modern stuff, its good close fun racing, i dont think you need reams of rules IMHO mac p

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
magnets have been fitted to this type of car but i think you then negate the essence of the car and period of racing, you are back to square one with super quick cars and just another class of racing, without magnets you have to work for your super. i have a pre-war merc w125 with an NC2 and magnet in it, that will hold its own against modern f1 cars, that cant be right!!! keep the magnets out, fit Ortmann tyres, wieght low, thats the recipe for fun racing mac p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts