SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest6 Slot Monster Truck using.
Tamiya Body and Tyres. Paul Taylor wheels. Aluminium scratch built chassis.
Power from a pair of "SRP Speed 40 Motors"driving a pair of "1:48 Motor Gear Dual Shaft Geared Electric Driver" gear box's.

Action video

It is on the chassis shown in this video, I was just using the pick-up body while I was building the chassis, as all the Tamiya Wild Mini 4WD bodies are interchangable. I just dismantled and cleaned up all the parts, cut bolts down to size, etc. before reassembling the chassis and fitting the "Lunchbox" body.

Chassis Details

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
333 Posts
Your builds are amazing, it is great to see some unique work. Those wheels really look the business. In the end, are they on the shaft with a setscrew or is there something else going on?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Your builds are amazing, it is great to see some unique work. Those wheels really look the business. In the end, are they on the shaft with a setscrew or is there something else going on?
A gent by the name of Paul Taylor made the wheels for me. They are turned from aluminum, Paul made them to fit a 3/32 axle at my request and are secured by the normal slot car grub screw. Paul drilled and tapped 2 holes in each wheel, so a pair of grub screws can be used if required. He also provided a "breather" hole in each wheel that helps the tyre to flex.. In the past he also made me a set of alloy grub screw wheels that fit the tyres as used on the Scalextric Monster Trucks. Let me know if you would like Pauls contact details.
Wheel Automotive tire Light Green Gear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts