SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
…I know. I know. Everyone has done one.

Chaparral2Dnaked.jpg

So I did the #5 car. The 427 cubic inch beast that ran only once (as #5) at Sebring in 1967.

Strombecker2D_02.jpg

I didn't bother with the front paddle spoilers:

Chaparral#5_02p.jpeg

Or the absurd "luggage box" that was bolted to the modified rear. FIA required that all cars have room for a suitcase - two suitcases if over 2.0 liter displacement. The big block engine installation left no internal room for luggage, so…

Chaparral#5_08p.jpeg

Chaparral#5_03p.jpeg

Apart from that, I think that it's reasonably faithful to the original. Anyway, I like it. And it's fun-to-run.

Strombecker2D_01b.jpg

This "vast wasteland" of an interior cried out for detail.

Strombecker2DInterior_00.jpg

So…

Strombecker2DInterior_01a.jpg

Strombecker2DInterior_04.jpg

The body is mounted on a stock MRRC Sebring chassis.

Chaparral2Chassis.jpg

••• ••• •••

Strombecker2D_01cx.jpg

Strombecker2D_03.jpg

Strombecker2D_04.jpg

Strombecker2D_05.jpg

Strombecker2D_06.jpg

Strombecker2D_07.jpg

••• ••• •••

Hmm. Those mirrors. On a slot car. I don't know…

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Those blue windows are irritating, apart from them it's a nice moulding. You've done a great job with it - congratulations!

Andy

PS Are those MRRC wheels?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I agree with Andy, great job ..!!!
thumbsup.gif

I also agree that the the blue tinted windows are somewhat annoying,.....but ,the vast majority of Strommie 2D's came with them. Some did have clear widows, and I am on the lookout.

Cheers

Chris Walker

PS..Joel, a bunch of the red ones also came with the blue windows,. no rhyme no reason........if anyone has a clear window piece, I would be happy to talk !!

·
ParrotGod
7,911 Posts
Nice job. Especially with the interiors.

This body is the only Chaparral that really appeals to me.

Interesting about the windows: I did not notice the tint until you guys mentioned it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very nice work, especially on the interior. Strombecker did a number of nice models, and this 2D is the best of the vintage ones, in my opinion....capturing the wasp waisted shape that the Eldon missed. The availability of the MRRC wheels is a huge boon to these cars.

Very pretty.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Mfogg. Absolutely beautiful work on your 2D! A very classic look!
thumbsup.gif

If I could drive a race car on the street? A 2D would be my choice. A lime green one.
innocent.gif

I've had 2-different white 2D bodies. One had blue tinted windows, and the other clear.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Beautifully done, especially the way you've picked out the details. I like the way you choose the features of the real car that appeal to you and leave out others ( like the external luggage ....).
Mike

·
Registered
562 Posts
El coche esta muy bien realizado.

Yo tampoco hubiera puesto el maletero, queda muy feo. Lo que si hubiera añadido es la prolongación del alerón posterior hacia el lateral del coche.

The car is very well made.

I would not have put the trunk either, it is very ugly. What if I had added is the extension of the rear wing towards the side of the car.

Frederic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts