SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To add to the recent lane changer woes of various posters, mine has suddenly got worse.

Symptoms:
This only happens on my left lane of this changer. Other changers on track perfectly ok (1 other XLC and 2 pit in flippers).
  • Won't flip at first to change lane (when starting to use track for first time that day).
  • Will flip to CLOSED after a few wiggles to get it going.
  • Will then decide to work in both directions on most occasions for a while
  • Suddenly becomes tired and only moves half a throw from then on.

Baffled.

Thoughts on how to fix - this is where your advice and experience would be much appreciated:
  • Take apart, clean, relube bar that goes into solenoid and other moving bits.
  • Swap solenoids over to other track (as a pair) to see if prob moves to other track.
  • Power all the LCs on one power supply that is not supplying the track power.

Help!

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
That would be my plan. Or use it in the pit if its the right lane that is dodgy, fix it so it is in the actuated position.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Snurfen ......... PM your address me as I have some spare solenoids

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Solenoids are on their way ....... courtesy of Santa's little helpers

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers, m'dears!

Must switch off the smoke detectors, get the savlon ready and warn the missus about the smell of burning plastic. Yep, it'll soon be soldering time!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Two of my XLCs behave the same way.
What is the remedy?

Tor Magne Undheim

QUOTE (snurfen @ 20 Dec 2011, 11:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To add to the recent lane changer woes of various posters, mine has suddenly got worse.

Symptoms:
This only happens on my left lane of this changer. Other changers on track perfectly ok (1 other XLC and 2 pit in flippers).
  • Won't flip at first to change lane (when starting to use track for first time that day).
  • Will flip to CLOSED after a few wiggles to get it going.
  • Will then decide to work in both directions on most occasions for a while
  • Suddenly becomes tired and only moves half a throw from then on.

Baffled.

Thoughts on how to fix - this is where your advice and experience would be much appreciated:
  • Take apart, clean, relube bar that goes into solenoid and other moving bits.
  • Swap solenoids over to other track (as a pair) to see if prob moves to other track.
  • Power all the LCs on one power supply that is not supplying the track power.

Help!

·
Greg Gaub
14,663 Posts
I don't think that applies to XLC (straight lane changers), though.
I hard wired all my tracks, and powered my lane changers separately, and I still get the occasional bout of a fickle lane changer. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a track temperature thing, 'cus when I had the heater on in my garage for a while, they were acting fine, but the day before, and the day after, they were wonky again. :\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts