SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Hi Guys,

Decoder offset enough for antenna to be straight, as much as possible anyway.

Note orientation of chip. Antenna wire clear of other wires and motor. In horizontal plane ie laying on chassis. Right angles to decoder pcb.

Not always possible in every car of course.

Decoder fixed to chassis using Blutac.

All decoders now come with earth wire attached ready to go.

Phototransistor (sensor) wires were lengthened. Probably will be lengthened on next production run.

(Ignore magnet, its a test car used fior RMS development
)

Rick

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey now, that's an interesting one about optimal antenna positioning.

Do you have also pictures for inline motor-layouts? (e.g. slot.it)
In case I have lead in the sides, is it OK to put antenne on the lead?

Could you post pics of the NSR Porsche - think you have one...

Regards,
Diegu

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Here's how i did it with my Teamslot Saleen, which has an inline motor configuration.

I put the chip the other side of the car, so offset. The chip's wires were long enough to do so.
The antenna can now be fully straight and stretched, touching nothing and far from the motor (the antenna is the mostly hidden blue wire ending near the front right wheel)

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Antenna wire should be on top of other wires for even better transmission/reception.

Rick

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Ah ok, tnx for the tip - i can arrange that :)

In general, offset positioning gives the best room for stretched antenna i figured.
When done as i did, the antenna gets most distance from the motor - no idea if that makes any difference to the opposite positioning, where the antenna would be laid next to the motor.
I'm glad you were able to make the chip so tiny Rick :)

Merc

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Merc, it's not too bad considering it has 3A continuos power, light board connection, wireless chip and oscillator thanks to Johns PCB design skills.

Rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts