SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was thinking about this, and thought back to last year and thought I spent more last year than I have this year, ok we havnt finished this year yet, but nothing has got me too excited.

There was something to shout about last year slotit making a car and the stay on led lights were about, but what has been this years surprise?
I dont think we have really had one!

Inte

·
Registered
119 Posts
Correct me if I having the timings wrong but I think 2003 enjoyed a number of new manufacturers like Vanquish, Spirit, MMK, Proto-slot and Dapretto to name a few, as well as Revell/Monogram resuming. That's more surprises than my wallet can handle.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Without a lot of very careful checking, I really wouldn't know how to compare the two years in terms of quantity released by manufacturers. 550 rs mentions several pretty significant products there - a better memory than I have! This year 'feels' as busy as last year to me, but I have managed to get my buying lust under reasonable control and have definitely purchased less. Of course, there are still over two months to go before year end and I have yet to get to grips with the new Carrera range!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think it has alot to do with price....

For me there is a psychological barrier at the 30ukp mark - above that price and the buying decision gets 'called in' for further scrutiny

The last year or so has seen more and more of the cars I'd buy going over that psychological barrier, consequently my spending is WAY down over the past four years.

-Rob

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm with RR3.9 - even to the figures used!
$50/£30 is my limit.
It's very simple - anything over that and I will not buy it.
Usually, the price will eventually fall and, if the urge has not by then worn off (and it sometimes does) I may buy it on special offer. If it doesn't fall below that price, then it isn't bought. I already have more cars than I can ever race, so missing a few more new ones won't hurt me a bit!

·
Registered
209 Posts
QUOTE (Mecoprop @ 13 Oct 2003, 03:28 PM)I'm with RR3.9 - even to the figures used!
$50/£30 is my limit.
It's very simple - anything over that and I will not buy it.
Usually, the price will eventually fall and, if the urge has not by then worn off (and it sometimes does) I may buy it on special offer. If it doesn't fall below that price, then it isn't bought. I already have more cars than I can ever race, so missing a few more new ones won't hurt me a bit!
I'm right with you both on that one £30 is about my limit too... which is beginning to make expanding my collection fairly difficult!!! Especially when the cars YOU want aren't the same as the ones being produced....

For that reason I'm going to try my hand at custom/scratchbuilding... will let you know how I get on!!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eye eye (geddit? no.. oh doesnt matter!)

If your thinking of Brass find Grah1.. tell him I sent you about a brass chassis.

Inte

1 - 8 of 8 Posts