SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Umm - the title says it all.

If there are any must-not-miss places in the city, please could you let me know?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
256 Posts
hey astro i live in manchester and there is one modelzone on deansgate which is in the centre of manchester fairly well stocked with fly,scaley and scx even some reductions i could spend hours in there by the way go down into the basement that is where they are located
also if you visit the trafford centre which is a large shopping outlet approx 5 miles out of the centre there is also a model shop which is well stocked with the above models also even some rarer items in the fly range (footlocker viper )to name one
let me know when you are coming !

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Better leave your credit cards (and Hugs) behind mate! That Trafford centre outlet is supposed to be awesome. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
if you go past sheffield you will have 'rails of sheffield' they sometimes have bargains on last years scalextric cars...

//peter

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Scale Models are based just the other side of Stockport (Manchester) they have a race club shop.

Get in touch via their web site:

www.scalemodels.co.uk

Gareth
NSCC

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers everyone, am going up this weekend with hugs. Will be visiting some of these places

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
great trip and visited modelzone and TMC; pretty good shops with some nice fly and other cars. Slot stuff was not on sale and managed not to spend any - I think I already have most of the stuff that I need - just waiting for things to be released!

Went to Modelzone on deansgate twice actually - first time saw a rather nice autoart die cast corvette which was on sale, so went back to get it on sunday, but it was sold. The staff were incredibly helpful in trying to source another one, but alas it was not to be.

Did get a couple of agricultural vehicles in 1;32 scale for trackside decoration tho

Cheers

Dave

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
A few miles towards Leeds and you have the creme de la creme at Colne...Pendleslotracing, of course! Down to Birmingham and the wonderfully new (but sometimes pricey) GetSlotted. Ah, so much quality to choose from within such a relatively small radius.

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
QUOTE Down to Birmingham and the wonderfully new (but sometimes pricey) GetSlotted

Um - most of the retailers offer their cars at RRP at I think you'll find a good majority, including GetSlotted, offering them at below RRP. However, and I know I am biased, free UK p&p (a lot of attention to packing and signed for delivery) and the fact that you get loyalty points (10% of the final price) off your next purchase make GS exceptionally competitive as well as providing the reassurance you're buying from an established retailer.

Also you get leather chairs to relax in as you feast your eyes over the display cabinets!

Matt

[Wankel's Moderator note on Matt's bias:
Matt has a regular column on the GS website.]

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Although rumours that a leather clad Simon is offering `personal services` is a little too much for me! Very dark and extremely scarey!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts