SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
re member
4,181 Posts
There is a group that race in Orakei....they have a 4 lane mdf track.
Contact Dave West through the NSCA website for the Henderson club under the drag racing section.
His phone and email are given.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (Aidan @ 16 Feb 2012, 22:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok not too far, just need to catch the ferry. What setup do you have?

Pb pro powerbase and pit pro with ssdc . Track sits on floor semi permanently and is about 20 m long.

Not going at the moment as doing some work to it. Should be good to go in a couple of weeks. Give me a call. I'll pm you

Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (munter @ 17 Feb 2012, 18:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is a group that race in Orakei....they have a 4 lane mdf track.
Contact Dave West through the NSCA website for the Henderson club under the drag racing section.
His phone and email are given.
Thanks mate, contacted Dave but no they don't race in Orakei but they do go to the Henderson club for a few races... to me this is completely different racing and it maybe something I get into further down the track but at the moment I just like to race on a digital track with the cars I have.

QUOTE (munter @ 18 Feb 2012, 20:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are any of you guys attending the 2012 RTR nationals in Napier.

nationals

Might see you there

munter
I won'r be going, too many family/work commitments, but looks like a fun weekend!

So anyone got their digital track up and running in Auckland?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I know of one digital group in Auckland. At present they are all family members, but may be open to additional folks.

I will copy this thread address to the guy who's house it is based at as they don't go on forums.

They ARE however ditching SSD very shortly to go oXigen - I mean very shortly - like - next week, so you would need to put oXigen chips in your cars and get or borrow a Slot.it SCP with oXigen cartridge.

I'll let Chris know anyway.

The race group munter meant wasn't Dave's actual club in Henderson, which raes metal chasis, but holds occasional RTR nights when the de-glue the track every couple of months; but rather a more casual group of racers over in Orakei that Dave has a fair bit to do with as well.

Likewise, I will copy Mike and co. from that group with this thread address, as I am not sure of their current situation for new drivers - also operates from a house. Analog - RTR cars. Super bunch of guys. There was some talk of them building a 2nd track somewhere, but I haven't heard any advance on that recently.

Third, there is a guy called KiwiPete on forums in Botany area of Auckland who has a large 2 lane scalextric setup in is basement, and is always open to meeting other slotters for a bit of hang time. He is also analog RTR cars. I'll copy this thread to him as well.

Finally, if you would care to P.M. me your contact details, there are others who I have contact with periodically around your area, think of me as the "naturally occuring sink hole" of hobby slotters in NZ.

EDIT: Just thought of someone else who has a nice SSD setup, and mainly races V8 Supercars and the like, landscaped track about 50 feet ..... will have to try and find his details as I don't know him as well and forget which suburb ......it will come to me, - probably about 3am in 4 days time and wake me up with the answer - LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Aidan
I am located in Botany, Auckland and run a 2 lane 70ft Scaley sports track with vairable power supply and PM Controllers, have 80+ cars and run mainly magnet. No digital cars.
Always interest in racing with others, call me on 021 922178
kiwiPete

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (slotcrazy @ 22 Feb 2012, 15:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know of one digital group in Auckland. At present they are all family members, but may be open to additional folks.

I will copy this thread address to the guy who's house it is based at as they don't go on forums.

They ARE however ditching SSD very shortly to go oXigen - I mean very shortly - like - next week, so you would need to put oXigen chips in your cars and get or borrow a Slot.it SCP with oXigen cartridge.

I'll let Chris know anyway.

The race group munter meant wasn't Dave's actual club in Henderson, which raes metal chasis, but holds occasional RTR nights when the de-glue the track every couple of months; but rather a more casual group of racers over in Orakei that Dave has a fair bit to do with as well.

Likewise, I will copy Mike and co. from that group with this thread address, as I am not sure of their current situation for new drivers - also operates from a house. Analog - RTR cars. Super bunch of guys. There was some talk of them building a 2nd track somewhere, but I haven't heard any advance on that recently.

Third, there is a guy called KiwiPete on forums in Botany area of Auckland who has a large 2 lane scalextric setup in is basement, and is always open to meeting other slotters for a bit of hang time. He is also analog RTR cars. I'll copy this thread to him as well.

Finally, if you would care to P.M. me your contact details, there are others who I have contact with periodically around your area, think of me as the "naturally occuring sink hole" of hobby slotters in NZ.

EDIT: Just thought of someone else who has a nice SSD setup, and mainly races V8 Supercars and the like, landscaped track about 50 feet ..... will have to try and find his details as I don't know him as well and forget which suburb ......it will come to me, - probably about 3am in 4 days time and wake me up with the answer - LOL

For sure mate, I will PM you my details. This sounds what I am after. Just cool to be able to race other peoples tracks if they are in Auckland and not too far away.

QUOTE (KiwiPete @ 22 Feb 2012, 16:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Aidan
I am located in Botany, Auckland and run a 2 lane 70ft Scaley sports track with vairable power supply and PM Controllers, have 80+ cars and run mainly magnet. No digital cars.
Always interest in racing with others, call me on 021 922178
kiwiPete

Thanks mate, sounds good. I can still race my digital cars on your track no worries. 70ft of track, geez you must have a bit of space available. I should measure up my track to see how small it is in comparison. I'll PM you my details too.

We could get something going here....

·
Trevor Gordon
1,465 Posts
I'm in Mt Wellington.

This is my track, before I attempted making it easily portable.
It is approx 12m(40ft) of track, ssdc + pb-pro + richG tower.

here it is in all of it's glory now, it breaks down into 3 portable sections 1.2m x 0.9m. If a gathering can be organised, I'm happy to bring it. Or folks are welcome to come to mine. It isn't as easy as it looks as it has taken a bit of a beating while I was working on it so has lots of bumps and bruises which can throw the unwary off the track. I prefer to race mag-less. I've got 7 impala NASCARs,and heaps of F40's super resistant. I am down to 5 chips though. Oh and a General Lee always good for a bit of a laugh in some fastest lap races.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I think Chris M will have made off forum contact with Aiden by now - Chris' gang are extending their track this week, - it was already something like 100 feet, so unsure exactly what they're doing.

They may also be selling off Slot.it SSD chips whch they used as standard, so maybe a chance to grab some good chips from them.

Next week they are re-wiring it as O2 so should be O2 digital for the next weekend.
Any of you other guys who want to be put in ocntact with Chris - holler on HERE, AND give me a P.M. Chris has joined the forum, but hasn't posted anything, so he may not have had the registration validated yet

mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aiden i have finally been able to log on and i run a 35m long Scaly digital track in Massey.We are in the process of extending it and changing to the new Slot it O2 system next week so should be fully operational within 2 weeks.Give me a call on 021-765689

·
Greg Gaub
15,361 Posts
Keep it going, guys! It's great to have a group that races regularly, but the more the merrier, I always say! Get a group of tracks going where you have quarterly (or more) race days at different tracks in the region. Also, hopefully people who are lurking will be able to hook up and make the local groups bigger!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.