SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm very new to slot car racing and went to the UK festival the other week and loved it....are there any other similar events this year in the uk and particularly interested in seeing some Ninco track layouts. Any advice much appreciated.

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
If you can't find anything close by, are there any clubs you could visit that use the track?

Personally I consider it to be the best track for analogue - it's so reliable. I'm not a digital man though, so won't comment on that.

Obviously other people will have opinions, but, my track at home (in the loft) is still flat, there's no rust and I have never had any electrical continuity issues. That's a four lane circuit and about 50 feet long and is loose-laid.
I also have another 4-lane circuit which I take to the local school for them to use. This has been put up and dismantled many times and yet again no issues - It just works straight away.

All the clubs near me (except one) use it and one other would love to change over to it.

Good luck

ABBO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, just got Ninco track a few weeks ago and already buying more.....any views on the snow effect track as I'd like to add a bit of variability to the grip levels - maybe it's because I'm new to this but would like to get a bit of sideways action - can get a bit with Msc metro I just bought so any other car or track tips appreciated?

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,588 Posts
The white Ninco track is very slippery, but... it has a moulding along the egde to represent a build-up of snow, any sideways/drifting cars get tripped up on that. I ended up slicing off the moulding to leave the track surface smooth. Its certainly challenging for corners and you get wheelspin on the straights. I wouldn't reccomend it though unless you are prepared to take the trouble to shave off the moulded bumps on the outside of corners.

Kind regards, Leo

G

·
QUOTE (scuderia_turini @ 30 May 2011, 18:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The white Ninco track is very slippery, but... it has a moulding along the egde to represent a build-up of snow, any sideways/drifting cars get tripped up on that. I ended up slicing off the moulding to leave the track surface smooth. Its certainly challenging for corners and you get wheelspin on the straights. I wouldn't reccomend it though unless you are prepared to take the trouble to shave off the moulded bumps on the outside of corners.

Kind regards, Leo

Well why not just use the standard black track. The white is supposed to be slippery.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Sherlock,

If you want sideways action, Remove the magnets from the new cars you are using.

Most clubs don't allow them either!

Removing the magnets won't slow the straight line speed, cornering will be slower but more spectacular (like the real thing)

Happy days

Ian J

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (scuderia_turini @ 30 May 2011, 18:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The white Ninco track is very slippery, but... it has a moulding along the egde to represent a build-up of snow, any sideways/drifting cars get tripped up on that. I ended up slicing off the moulding to leave the track surface smooth. Its certainly challenging for corners and you get wheelspin on the straights. I wouldn't reccomend it though unless you are prepared to take the trouble to shave off the moulded bumps on the outside of corners.

Kind regards, Leo

Thanks Leo, very helpful, think I'll give the White track a miss and try taking the magnets out first. I saw some smooth off road scalectrix that had aluminium guides to stop the magnet working, seemed to work a treat so may go that direction if removing the magnet on STD Ninco track isn't enough.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,588 Posts
QUOTE (fw14b @ 30 May 2011, 19:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well why not just use the standard black track. The white is supposed to be slippery.

"I wouldn't reccomend it though unless you are prepared to take the trouble to shave off the moulded bumps on the outside of corners."

The bumpy moulding prevents tail-out action, as you would know if you had any experience of it.

King regards, Leo

·
John
1,340 Posts
Hi Sherlock

No Magnuts is definately the way to go. You will pick up real quick how to get a nice slide going!

QUOTE (scuderia_turini @ 30 May 2011, 20:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"
The bumpy moulding prevents tail-out action, as you would know if you had any experience of it.

King regards, Leo

Hay Leo,

I take it you have never met MR. GT?

He has plenty of experience hanging his tail out, just last month at Gaydon he was there waiting for Don to turn up!

Cheers

BSN

·
Registered
503 Posts
I did wonder who that was hanging around MR GT.? I thought someone else said his name was DON,but im not too sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts