SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping some of you might have the Fly Jagermeister BMW M3 and could give some advice or recommend this car. I dont have any BMW's from either Fly or Ninco and I honestly dont know if one is better than the other as far as perfomance is concerned. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
Hmmm, I don't know if they sorted it out but there were many moans about the transmission on the Fly M3 fouling the interior (?). Also, my "Yellow Corn" car used to throw a tyre and wang it against the wheel arch on a fairly regular basis until sorted. That made progress down the straights...interesting.

My Ninco NC-2 M3 was a deep joy from the get-go. I've now got one with the JGTC car with the NC-5( is it? Can't remember) but it's not had much track time.

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I have one in my collection and is a stunner. Although not having raced it (and never will) I cannot say much more than get one even if it's just to collect. I have seen other Fly M3's racing and from what I have seen perform like most other Fly cars.

M

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I have both Fly and Ninco and while the Jagermeister it looks great, but a Ninco will leave it for dead on just about any track (surface and layout). If you're lucky you'll get round wheels and axles, but even so the Ninco's sidewinder layout will always win out.

You might try fitting a Fly Jagermeister body to a Ninco chassis...(not, serious - would be easier to buy some decals and orange paint).

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Lee

I have one, and it seems to run fine. I must admit I don't have a Ninco one to compare it against.

All I did was glue the motor support bearing and motor, and rear axle bearings, just as I do for all Fly cars of this type. No problems and not noisy. Nice car.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ditto,

mine's not Jagermiester livery, but it's actually one of the best out of the box cars I have ever run. Same basic prep as Alan and it runs fast, smooth and quiet all the time. Axels, hubs, tyres were all nice and straight/true. I also don't have a ninco beemer to compare to, but my fly beemer has plenty of pace and handles really nicely.

(me makes note to buy a ninco beemer to compare).

In fact, I hate bmw's in real life....but this is one of my fav's in 1/32

·
Registered
265 Posts
Echoing the above prep advice, esp. the gluing. #3 fastest car on the Paperclip of DOOM. Was a noisy slug right out of the box but (as with most of our Fly's) detailed prep work completes the development that Fly should have, and makes the car one of the best in our field. The fastest of the Fly on our track(and a REAL blast) is the Ferrari Daytona (Belonging to Dick Winkin). This car was an absolute disappointment out of the box. The Look on old Dick's face as he worked this "pig" around the track was enough to send me to the racks and conjure up a "Satan" motor (SC07) to replace the lump of a Mabuchi Fly installed. (Just a friendly gesture I now regret.
) At the next meeting of the P.C.o.D. brawlers, old Dick beat the holy grail of a 4.00 flat lap time with a 3.979 . The car is awesomely fast and still quite driveable. Yes, I can recommend the Fly Beemer or the Ferrari with the caveat that they will likely need work to field them. (Pisses me off at their prices.
) At the shop, be sure to closely inspect the Beemer for tires rubbing the wheel wells and "roll the dice" with one.

To nothing but fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.