SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm quite new in slot cars, and I don't really know much about different makers, in this case I'm asking your opinion about Spirit... (for vs against?).
I would like to get a couple of nice Porsche from the 70's, but better ask first...

Cheers

Cesar

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I've got a Spirit Peugeot 205T16 and all I can say is the running gear is really smooth and the engine goes like an atom bomb!

Any Spirit car would be a nice addition to anyones collection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got 3 spirit cars in my collection 2 are the 406 shilloute and the other in the 406 coupe touring car and just like ian said they have great running gears very smooth and there motors are vey powerfull great cars

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Hi,

I have approx 8 spirit cars and can recommend them. They are fast and well built. The 70's Le Mans Porsche is great,

Enjoy

Matthew

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I've only got one Spirit car - a 205T16

It came with wheels and tyres that were too small. So small, in fact, that the chassis scraped the track.

I changed the wheels for Slot.It 17mm ones and fitted 19x10 tyres and now it's great. I agree with the comments above re;- the smooth motor/drive train.

On a personal level, the only gripe I have is that the magnet isn't strong enough to trip the lap counter on my SCX Rally Chrono. It's plenty strong enough to keep the car on the track, though - particularly running with 40A urethanes.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 12 Feb 2012, 12:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've only got one Spirit car - a 205T16

It came with wheels and tyres that were too small. So small, in fact, that the chassis scraped the track.

I changed the wheels for Slot.It 17mm ones and fitted 19x10 tyres and now it's great. I agree with the comments above re;- the smooth motor/drive train.

On a personal level, the only gripe I have is that the magnet isn't strong enough to trip the lap counter on my SCX Rally Chrono. It's plenty strong enough to keep the car on the track, though - particularly running with 40A urethanes.

I found exactly the same issue on tyres too.

The guys at Pendle sourced some NSR rubber and they've worked an absolute treat!

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I've got several Spirit Le Mans LMP1 cars. They are very good to look at and go well. Recommended.

Allan

·
Registered
289 Posts
For club racing,at least on my clubs wood track, a well set-up Spirit pug silhouette has been the car to beat for a while (non-magnert racing)
I like the Courage too, again a bit of know-how in the setting-up phase can make them competitive.
I have had 2 spirit "boxer"motors go crazy & then die suddenly,whilst racing, but thats my only issue with the spirit cars I have.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re. the above post, I should add "the car to beat" in touring class; obviously not GT or WSC, that tends to be NSR or Slot-it,etc, territory !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts