SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
H:O is a lot more advanced than some of you may think.

EAHORC holds meetings in Canvey Island & Billericay in Essex, and Norton, Suffolk.

The Club ,started in April 2002, was set up with the aim of running H:O scaled slot-cars on a mixture of Tomy track, Lupico/Esposito AFX track & modified Tomy track with the Sourcing of the Billericay hall by Deane Walpole. That meeting, run by former Sutton H:O Racing Club coordinator Peter Baldock, was enjoyed by all attending ,the central location being especially appreciated. The second meet was again at Billericay, again run by Peter but this time utilizing the good size of the hall to full effect with a large track designed by Jim Kelly, who also hand crafted many of the corners.
In December, 2002 Jim sourced the Bury St. Edmunds hall for the January meet with location, large hall size and wide choice of chassis allowed again being the order of the day.

Our tracks tend to be large and based on real circuits as much as possible. The Club has a regularly-attending core of 13 members or so, which we hope will grow whilst retaining the friendly atmosphere. We Run Chassis from Mattell/Tyco, Marchon, Tomy, Lifelike, Scalextric & Artin in open-wheel and closed-wheels classes.

We vary the format and theme at each meet so not all chassis are allowed every time, in any case our large track layouts (often with handmade corners) prove a huge equalizer between these diverse chassis.

Click on EAHORC

Regds - DEAN

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'm interested... but I think it's a bit too far for me to travel...

I'll check the website, but do you have a postcode I could run through multimap?

Andy

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I must admit - HO does pique my curiosity, but Lancashire is a bit too far away from you guys for me to get a pass out from the missus!

Looking at the webpage again, I was wondering how the heck you see the cars on the far side of the circuit?

Mark.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Difflock @ 20 Jan 2005, 13:11)Looking at the webpage again, I was wondering how the heck you see the cars on the far side of the circuit?

Mark.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We get asked this a lot, I guess we eat a lot of carrots!
Mclaren:

SS8 9QA for Canvey, Essex
IP31 3LP for Norton, Suffolk

we already have quite a few guys who come from south-west London, I can ask them how they find the journey if you wish?

REgds - DEANE

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (McLaren @ 16 Jan 2005, 15:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm interested... but I think it's a bit too far for me to travel...

I'll check the website, but do you have a postcode I could run through multimap?

Andy

We now have a venue near Leytonstone.

Jesse Road, Leyton, London, E10 6RL

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Difflock @ 20 Jan 2005, 12:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I must admit - HO does pique my curiosity, but Lancashire is a bit too far away from you guys for me to get a pass out from the missus!

Looking at the webpage again, I was wondering how the heck you see the cars on the far side of the circuit?

Mark.

We should have a couple of races in Sheffield next year, how far is that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts