SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Alan Tadd
4,042 Posts
I see it has one of the new "pod" guide housings.......................Jon do you know if this is to be "standard issue" on all new Scalextric models?..................

Regards

Alan

· Alan Tadd
4,042 Posts
Sorry Mope, I'm afraid I consider that comment rubbish!.

QUOTE The rotation angle is greater and this allows cars to slide wider without hitting the guide stop. Formerly club racers would remove the stop on the old guide by cutting it but then you would loose power to the motor if you overcooked the slide angle. The new guide allows much smoother cornering without magnets or with lightweight magnets and with constant power to the motor.

Slot cars do not need large protrusions beneath their front aprons to make them handle better, be that magnet or non-magnet. I suppose Scalextric may have designed it to prevent their guides being knocked completly out in the event of a crash, as can happen with the MG Lola, (an easy fix by the way, replace the guide with a TSRF one!).

I'm sorry I refuse to buy any car that has one of those Monstrosities slung beneath it, and alas that will include the forthcoming Vanwall and Maserati 250.

Regards

Alan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.