SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Just what is this new performance-enhancing wonder guide that Scaley has developed? Why is it needed? Is it an admission that their cars do not corner well enough now? Do they need to be even more "on rails", particularly with magnets? Frankly, I have been less than impressed with their past efforts at guide shoe innovations.

Mope wrote: "For classic curvacious cars what other option is there?"

Well, only the same option that has been used by nearly every manufacturer for the last 40 years or so. IMHO seeing a bit of guide is MUCH LESS objectionable than an unnatural protuberance that looks like a goiter hanging under a car's nose. Or is this new guide system somehow related to future digital requirements? The price of progress?

mp

· Registered
169 Posts
Thanks Mope, but I still don't understand. Why would non-mag racing (club or at home) require a new guide design? I race Scaley cars on wood tracks all the time. Like I said, most manufs have used standard guide systems for 40-50 years (w/o mags) with no problems.

Why don't I try one? Because I think they are damn ugly and I don't see the need. Has there been a review of any Scaley cars equipped with the guide? It would be nice to read an objective evaluation.

mp

· Registered
169 Posts
"You are racing on a circuit with very large radius curves and probably never hit the stop on the old guide."

Mope, sometimes you make the most outlandish assumptions that only illustrate your limited experience and narrow approach to the hobby. The track in my basement is a tight, routed, 50' three-lane affair. Curve radii range from 4" (that's INCHES) to about 2 feet - hardly the image of Blue Kings that you seem to assume all wood tracks must be.

If the problem is loss of contact when sliding, the culprit is the Scaley "hard-wired" plug-in guide design, not the type of track it is used upon. Normal guides don't have this problem.

I wish Adrian or someone knowledgeable could provide some insight into Scaley R&D thinking…..

mp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.