SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered this web site for a bicycle dealer in Chicago , click on the slot car link at the bottom . Two pages of vintage boxed slot cars and numerous others in the display cases . I dont know if they are for sale or the guy has a serious collecting problem : )
cyclesmithy

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
QUOTE (philsmith @ 20 Dec 2004, 09:55).............and if you were to pull out one of those rare kit boxes you would find the same behind it as they are all two deep!

One of the best collections I have ever seen, I had the privilege of spending a very happy couple of hours there a few years ago

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just wait until you see Scott Bader's emporium in Beverly Hills... even yours truly was left speechless.

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
QUOTE (derekcooper @ 23 Dec 2004, 16:35)And don't forget probably the best collection in Europe, Pierre Morlighen in Brussels has an incredible collection in all scales.

Derek
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Derek,
With all due respect to both especially Bernard who is my good friend, it is just not the same. If you have the opportunity, please visit Scott Bader's collection: not only the magnitude but the selective quality. One may have thousands of cars from the 1960's and 1970's from all around the world, from the oddest to the most bizarre like the Carrera airplane sets, it's still not like having thousands of the rarest and mintest American-built slot car kits and RTR of the 1960's in absolutely mint condition in their colorful and rare original boxes... I am sorry but those were the finest and most aestethically pleasing.
Of course it means cubic money, so not everyone can afford it. This fellow can, because he was a very successful businessman, just wanting to re-create his own youth when he was like most of us, unable to purchase those marvellous toys because he was too poor.
We have all been there...
Merry Christmas to all!

Dok Pea

G

·
Philippe, is Mintest a new word? have not heard that one before.

I think the finest collection is a personal choice as it depends on what you are interested in.

Happy Christmas

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,237 Posts
QUOTE (Rail Racer @ 24 Dec 2004, 12:11)Philippe, is Mintest a new word? have not heard that one before.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You heard it now...

It goes along with 'bestest" and "finestest".

Merry Christmas to all, and I hope that Santa brings you the neatestest toys!

Dok Pea

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I think this thread is done and dusted, no?

I dont think this needs to turn into a 'who knows which best collection' saga and I am sure some of these renowned guys would prefer if their collections were not bandied about in public.

If anyone wants to highlight a world class collection and the owner has no objections, it could be a featured article maybe? just a thought.

Merry Christmas to all BTW!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.