Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let me start with saying that I really, really love the SCP-01 controller from Slot IT. It worked brilliantly on my PB PRO. One of the reasons I did not switch to the C7042 was that you have to buy a new cartridge for the SCP controller to be able to connect It to to C7042, another 50 Euro. Eventually, I did buy It this weekend and yesterday wanted to connect It. But why o why does the plug not fit. I know why of course, the hole in the C7042 is too small, or the plug on the cable from the SCP-01 is too big. Why do they do that ? You might expect someone has tried to plug It in. At least put a warning somewhere. There is no way now I can connect It without butchering either the powerbase or the plug. So, I am happy I have the cartridge, and I will get It connected, but I think It should fit right away. Sorry for my rant, but I had to mention It.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
seems a pretty raw deal to me. Throttle and cartridge must have been well in excess of £100 and it does not even plug in..???

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ade.

So, am I really the pioneer to connect a 3v3 to the C7042, or did I overlook something ? Still haven't buthcered the 7042 casing (besides splitting It from track piece
-> If I only knew than... ). I noticed that the female connections in the C7042 are futher inside than the original C7030.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
have you tried posting something on the slot-it site.??

Very surprised somebody has not chimed in with the ins and outs on this problem.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Just for your information.

If you use SCS wireless system you will be able to use your old 5V slot.it controller to you new APB without any need for new cartridge. The SCS system will retranform the signal to suit the new base.

REgards
Thobias

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ethobias,

Yes, I was aware of that, but don't really have the need to go wireless, you can't walk around my track, but I had thought about your option. In the meantime the problem is solved, I stripped/cut a few mm from the plug and now It fits. And I still have the other cartridge so who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts