SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you guys here have one of those Kyosho R/C Mini Z cars. If so, would you recommend them? I used to race R/C back in the mid to late 80's but I just like these in the smaller scale plus all the upgrades they have. I am trying to decide whether or not to buy one just looking for opinions.

Thanks

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
I got into these while over in Detroit a couple of years ago. We used to race them round my freind Brad's 8 lane track.
You can see the track here

Brad's Track

They were good fun, but at the time you couldn't get softer tyres and the standard ones were a bit hard, wouldn't mind trying them again with more grip

·
Registered
317 Posts
Personally I don't own one, But I am led to believe that they are pretty good. Kyosho are a decent manufacturer - I have a couple of there 1/10 scale r/c cars. Good stuff!

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
If you are serious about 1/32 scale RC then manufacturer HPI make a scale touring car that would kick the ass of the mini-z. Can't remember the model name or price. However if you are just after fun you couldn't go wrong with kyosho's offering.

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 12 Aug 2004, 09:39)If you are serious about 1/32 scale RC then manufacturer HPI make a scale touring car that would kick the ass of the mini-z. Can't remember the model name or price. However if you are just after fun you couldn't go wrong with kyosho's offering.
HPI: Micro RS-4 . Lexan body, scale 1: 18 RC. Not suitable on most (any) track...
Kyosho: Mini-Z hard body, scale 1:28.

At our club we use the mini-z body on a White-Point chassis. Actually, it's one of our classes... Great fun to drive them, real close racing
and the bodies are smaller than the normal 1: 24 cars

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I have one and think they are rather good but a heck of a lot harder to race compared with slots. Steering is very vague and a bit unpredictable by comparison with slot/guide - as you would imagine. It's VERY different and I prefer slots personally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts