Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this story with you guys. I have been looking for a 10ft banner to run across the front of my table. I saw alot of nice ones on Ebay with various beer and sponsor logos in the ranges of $5-$40. So last weekend I went to Valvoline's website, I sent them a email telling them that I was in the process of building a slot car track and wanted to put a 10ft banner across the front of it. Since Valvoline has always been a favorite sponsor of racing for me I included that info in the email also. I then asked if they could let me know where I could purchase one of their banners. They never did reply to the email so I thought nothing more of it. Well today I go to get the mail and there is a big package in the mailbox from Valvoline. I open it up and inside I find a 10ft vinyl Valvoline banner that says "Welcome Race Fans" and official motor oil of the Daytona 500"
Not only that, they also sent me 3 sets of banner flags about 15ft in length each.
I thought it was so cool they would just send all this to me free of charge and shipped priority mail no less.
If anyone is looking for a banner, its worth a try to just send your favorite sponsor a letter and possibly you can get one for free also.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
"Dear Lambougini,

I have always admired your cars and those loaded enough to buy them. I am currently building a slot car track and would like a full scale race car to go in the middle of it. I was wondering if you could send me a racing Diablo?

You have always been my favourite manufacturer...

Andy"

Thought it best not to sign it Lotus... Well, if I'm gonna get a free car, it might as well be an expensive, fast one...

I sent it to:

Lambourgini,
Italy

Hopefully it will get there. I'll keep you posted.

Lotus

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Hi Lee

A very generous move by Valvoline.

Might be a nice idea to send them some pictures of your great track when you have the banner in place, you never know what they might do with them!.

Regards

Alan

PS Do you thing if I asked them nicely they might let me have that old Porsche of theirs?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (lotus03 @ 8 May 2004, 22:53)"Dear Lambougini,

I have always admired your cars and those loaded enough to buy them. I am currently building a slot car track and would like a full scale race car to go in the middle of it. I was wondering if you could send me a racing Diablo?

You have always been my favourite manufacturer...

Andy"

Thought it best not to sign it Lotus... Well, if I'm gonna get a free car, it might as well be an expensive, fast one...

I sent it to:

Lambourgini,
Italy

Hopefully it will get there. I'll keep you posted.

Lotus
Not a chance Lotus,

You have to spell the manufacturer's name correctly so that they won't be upset!

I believe the word you're looking for is Lamborghini.

So, Lamborghini, how about sending me a free 1:1 car? I won't tie you down to a Diablo. Feel free to send me a Countach, Murcielago, Miura, Jalpa, or if you aren't feeling particularly free with your budget, an old Espada.

Many Thanks,

Mark.

·
Registered
75 Posts

looking mighty good!!!
Don't forget to send the pic's to Valvoline and say thank you

Now, where did I put the number to Castrol????

·
Registered
420 Posts
yes it looks nice - now dont be so shy and try out your camera a little more and do not hesitate to show us the pics that follow...

//peter

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Def a good idea to send them some pics.

In good old Uk I tried most (really did) manufacturers and received polite replies...but no banners. In the end I found that the circuits were the best place to go. Ahhh, of course they have loads of old banners and I found (thru Paul Leyser) that Donnington were only too happy to help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts