SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi Sy,
That looks a great little board
and with 14 I/O lines it can be made to do a lot of nice things me thinks!
However, it might not help with the problems of detecting digital cars, I have been playing with the Velleman board I/O inputs and as yet cannot think of a way to decode the car ID.

I had a chat with a fellow electronics chap and he is giving it some thought for us too

He seems to think like me that a barcode label on the car undersides is not a good idea as it would most certainly require a laser to be reliable enough.

I am looking into finding out how to read back the car ID but this may defeat the object of a cheap system and may not be able to detect a car with no ID in the same race?? , will let you know on that one.

I keep going back to my first idea of a clip on slotted plastic thing that clips on the car and can be read with opto sensors with a light bridge, like I said it seems to work and is cheap (I love that word cheap!!)

Cheers!
Rich

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi Sy,
Interesting! sounds like you are getting there

The only problem I can see with it is the sensor may not reflect a large enough (black mark to white card) change when the white card is in the dark on the underneath of the car? Have you tried it?

Cheers!
Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts