SlotForum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good work -Sy-

I guess that Arduino is a good starter kit, when you then want too multiplay the system and sell it. You can use some Pic!
Or just a bootloader an a wery precis card!

I have been working with some old Arduino earlyer, byt I will also test the different possibilitys there are in small things.
And of course wee all wait for the Raspberry Pi! ;-)

I like your test with barcodes, but will peoble accept that labels on there cars?

I have been testing different type of RFID readers, not fast for me but It can be used in pitlane!

Locking forward to your results Good luck from Lasp

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Almost all clubs use stickers on cars to indicate which lane they are in for the benefit of the marshalls, so they know what lane to put the car back into. I was thinking that the barcode stickers could become part of a database where drivers and they're cars are registered on the database, so overtime detailed statistics could be built up for the driver with different cars. If this was done then the barcode wouldn't have to come off and could be registered with the car and owner.

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Forgot to mention, I'm also looking forward to Raspberry Pi, a fantastically featured product for a very low price. RS are awaiting stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Sy,

Just wanted to follow up on your last comment.
I'm also waiting for a RaspPi (ordered and should be delivered before the end of August...).
I would love to participate to your RMS project if it's still something you are going to work on. I remember you started working on a Java RMS project. Is it still around ? Is it replaced by this project ?

Basically, I would like to start working on a RMS project myself. Maybe we could join our efforts and offer the community an up-to-date, free, multi-platform system.

let us all know what you think :)

Regards,

Bernard

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
At the moment I am working with PIC's and have created a simple start light system which can be used on any system. I am waiting for the Raspbery PI platform to come out so I can play with that and explore options.

Also waiting for WiFi Click module to come out in the UK so I can play with that too. Lots going on, hopefully will return to the RMS when the toys arrive, I would welcome your help.

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Got a WiFi Click module now...will be developing some code soon to communicate with it, I'm creating a modbus master and slave to manage the I/O between the PIC's and will develop a HTTP server on the PIC to interface between iPad, Android and any other HTTP capable device.

·
Simon Platten
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I got it reading home made bar codes, but I was doubtful if it would be able to process the barcode at speed. I've moved onto PIC's and have been working on a non slot car related project for a while now.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts