SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i got me an APB, booted it up, and followed the very infomative video that Greg made. Except that when i get to the prog screen, when i push the down button, nothing happens. The screen just says "prog". Am i doing something wrong? Is there another way to I.D the cars. I can set up a race, and i can go into analogue mode, but i can only race 2 cars in digital mode, and then only the factory chipped cars which are already assigned 1 and 2. It's very frustrating. The instruction book that comes with it is next to useless, thank Greg for the videos or i would still be looking at the box! If i use the 4car PB to I.D then i can race 4 cars but of course i want to race 6, and why not, it's what i got the thing for!

Cheers Nick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Probably you "accidentally" have to changed to analog mode...

The digital mode supports a total of six cars, in fact, 6 ids, because you can have an id
associated with more than one car (pace cars per example).

In analog mode does not make sense to associate ids, because you'll only be able
run a car by slot, of course, a maximum of 2 (2 slots).

the APB6 browsing is a little complicated at first time, because the display is not very
intuitive, truncated texts... So... I recommend these video lessons below,
give a very nice overview about the product ... and the links below you
get lots of information about APB6...

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49996

Note: To avoid future problems... upgrade your APB6 firmware...
follow instructions of this site: http://ssdc.jackaments.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there.
No, that isn't the issue. I can go through the menu, all the way to the end, and so can do everything, apart from I.D'ing 6 cars! When i get to the "prog" screen, i press the down button and nothing happens, so i go back to "throttle to go" mode, and then try again. The same thing happens.
Is there another way of programming 6 cars as there are some kids coming over tomorrow for my lad's birthday party and he wants a track set up so he can race with his mates?
So to clarify. I can use the menu to go from digital, to analogue, and back. The only thing i cannot do is progress from the program screen to the "press brake button" screen. Very frustrating i can tell you!

Cheers Nick

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
Just to add to Snurfen's post - make sure all other cars are out of the slot or you end up setting the ID for all cars to that ID number!

So, in digital mode - put one car only in any slot, hold down the Enter button until the lights flash, press the brake button on the controller and that controller light on the APB will flash several times.

Take that car out of the slot and put the next one in, using a different controller do the ID process again.

When you have done all your cars press START or the next time a controller brake button is pressed all cars on the track will be ID'd to that controller!!!

Have fun

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there. Unfortunately i didn't have time on friday to test, and as it chucked it down on Saturday, the kids were all inside, so there wasn't the space to set up a track. But i will test it out soon and let you know the results. It is probably something i have done when i booted it up for the first time. I probably changed some setting without realising in all the excitement of opening the box!
Cheers Nick

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Just to make sure, you can reset the APB to "Factory default" with the following key sequence:

Hold the ◄ and the ▼ down together and then press the Start button once.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts