SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered how the inox users apply it to their track? I find if you apply too much too the track the metal feet at the guide blade get covered in it and it has a detrimental effect on the electrical conductivity. Just the right amount and we all know how good it is. So trying to find the best way to apply the right amount.!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi Dave

I really overdid it at first & ended up with black claggy braids. Now, I clean the rails with a degreaser every 3/6 months and then spray a little Inox on a paper tissue & wipe it along the rails - really minimal amounts. Less is definitely more. Then with a dry tissue I wipe most of it off so you can't see any. From time to time I put a drop on the braids and on all new cars and wipe the rails quickly once a week with a dry tissue.

Cheers
Chris

·
Circuit Owner
5,891 Posts
Use Inox sparingly.

The black stuff on the braids isn't a problem. Niether is the black stuff on the rails -it conducts just fine.

Inox will last for 3 months between applications although I tend to apply it every 6-8 weeks.

There is no need to wipe the old stuff off.

Some people spray it onto a paper towel and wipe the rails. One pump of the pump dispenser (if that's what you have) is good for 1m-2m of 2 lane track.

Other people put a drop on the braids and run the car around the track to coat the rails.

I tend to use a very small piece of cellular sponge (the synthetic sponge with close packed cells you wash your car with) which I spray with Inox then use to wipe braids and rails.

Inox is labelled as non-conductive but it is actually conductive. There is some clever chemical explanation to this, all I know is it works.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i have found the best way to apply small droplets to braids and the like is to purchase a needle oiler wich are available in model railroad shops...

It can then be applied in micro amounts and is fab for the braids,very easy to use no mess and no waste.

·
Greg Gaub
14,656 Posts

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I have a man to do it for me .....

·
Registered
55 Posts
(Ember, The Antipodes to Orstralia is the middle of the Atlantic Ocean... Are water sports more your thing? Fortunately, Noo Zullind can claim to sit on Spain... just want the nicer weather.)

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
QUOTE you have a man that does? I'm jealous. Where can I get one?

He's a retired friend of the family and he like to tinker with mechanical things. He comes around every so often to clean and lubricates the cars and if the track is up and running he will have a few laps then clean the track and treat it as and when he feels it needs it. Sometimes he gets carried away but by and large he is very good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts