SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, its been a while since i've been on here posting thats because Ive completley ripped up my old track cos I thought it was time that I got rid of all those slow R1s and added some more R2s - 3s and raised sections.
I built the bridge out of foamboard and used small gauge chicken wire overlaid with paper mache. I think all looks ok so far but im looking for ideas for the other end of the track as I have gained so much space without putting more track down, so scenery is what im after. I can make 100s of trees. Any ideas would be appreciated. PS: The pitstop most likley will go on the black area.

This is where i need the inspiration

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
hi there Phantasm

thats 1 great layout you have there with a small area of space

the left side of the track looks great !! i like the bridge very muchas as it looks very realstic ...

ill try and give you some ideas what you could do with the right side of the track

keep up the good work

cheers evil3en

·
Phil B.
3,810 Posts
Nice bridge - same dolls house brick paper as on the Aberstone bridge, we covered our paper with matt varnish to help guard the paper from the knocks when taking the track up and down.

Cheers - Phil B

·
Registered
207 Posts
QUOTE (Phantasm @ 1 Jun 2006, 11:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice bridge, just a thought though, do the cars go under the bridge before the loop and over the top?

If so then the last piece of curbing would be better tapered to the bridge entrance - imagine the scene, flat right bend, sliding the back out over the curbs and ..............
OH F**K! A BRIDGE!!

Of course if it runs the opposite way round then just ignore me!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thought Gizmo, that never sprang to mind with me though I do try to slow down (just a tad) before nearing the bridge. With me the literal thinking plays more of a part than the lateral lol.
Cheers for the tip.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (seymour10 @ 1 Jun 2006, 18:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What about making a tunnel section with inside lighting?
I hope this helps.

Thanks from,

seymour10

I was thinking more of the inside area ie: buildings, rocks etc.
thanks for the idea anyway, a lit drive-through tunnel maybe a possibility for a later date.

QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 1 Jun 2006, 19:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>VW camper van?

Ah now ive got one of those.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Oh sorry I miss understood, now I see the big open space in the middle I can see what you were on about. Sorry about that. Maybe you could have a tall rock section with a waterfall.

Thanks from,

seymour10

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (seymour10 @ 1 Jun 2006, 19:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe you could have a tall rock section with a waterfall.

Thanks from,

seymour10

Now there's an idea, looks like the chicken wire could be coming out again, unless anyone knows of a way to make a mould large enough.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
nice lay out. exactly the other way around I did. I added a lot of R1.

maybe I'll regret it, maybe not. but , you made a nice racetrack with good use of space.

nb, funny avatar that lancia delta spinning (it's 1/10 on my track and does the same)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (FZSsemans® @ 1 Jun 2006, 21:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice lay out. exactly the other way around I did. I added a lot of R1.

maybe I'll regret it, maybe not.

R1s (Cons)

1: They slow you down.
2: Some of the longer cars ie, Carrera Plymouth and Trucks can strugle on such a tight bend.

Pro's

1: They allow you to get substantialy more track into a tighter space

I just decided that id had enough of a flat circuit, You decide for yourself

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.