SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was setting up a new layout and only had one cross-over turn installed. I notice right away as both cars (one in each lane) moved from one controller.

I read of others doing this without damage, but now I get less than 2 volts on one lane.

I suspect it is one of the fets on the power circuit. I get no voltage across Q7, but get voltage across Q8. I am not an EE but am handy enough to make measurements and replace board components.

The number on Q7 and Q8 is 3301 71s4g
I cannot find a part to match this number. Does anyone know an appropriate replacement part?

Also any other triage advice?
Circuit component Passive circuit component Green Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

Thanks!

·
Greg Gaub
17,040 Posts
I read of others doing this without damage, but now I get less than 2 volts on one lane.
If you can recall where you read that, I'd like to go and let them know they are giving bad advice.

Hopefully @RikoRocket or someone can help with the repair.

·
Administrator
10,536 Posts
Before changing anything make sure the throttle battery is good, if the signal is poor then you will get no volts out as it is not being commanded...

If you change them to the below do the pair, else there may be some imbalance:
The chips are Alpha & Omega (that is the A inside the circle at the top).
I cant find 3301, but the prototypes that I have the bill of materials (BOM) for use either (AO)D413As or (AO)D3401A
The last BOM I have says
23​
1​
Q2 MOSFET P-CH 20V 4.2A SOT-23 Diodes Inc DMP2305U-7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts