SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title - do I need to set up a new subforum for the ARC system. If so then where? Here or Digital or both?

Happy to do it if you want - opinions sought from people who know more about it than me please.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
For some reason a lot of people seem to think all ARC is digital when it is not. To do it "properly" we would need both an analog for ONE and AIR and a digital for PRO (just before it comes out).

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I agree with dvd above so +1 from me ......... :thumbsup:

·
Prof I T
11,171 Posts
Hi

I'd agree with the above two so + 1 from me......
thumbsup.gif

·
Greg Gaub
15,067 Posts
There do appear to be a lot of posts asking for help with ARC One and Air. If the Race Coordinator forum was added to handle the volume of posts for that RMS, it makes sense to open up an ARC One/Air subforum for the same reason.

I really don't see much need for an ARC Pro sub-forum, though, as discussions on that can be readily accommodated by the Scalextric Digital subforum. If it would help, you could alter the name of the subforum to include "ARC Pro" in it.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Bearing in mind that I have no interest in, or knowledge of, the system, would I be correct in the following assumptions?

ARC One and ARC Air are race control systems linked to a smartphone which are solely for analogue use.

Both are already on the market.

They both do the same job but one has more facilities than the other.

ARC Pro is a digital version of the same thing but is not yet released and, knowing Hornby's lead times, could be some time never.

If the above is correct then I suggest the following:

I will set up a single sub forum for ARC One and ARC Air in 'Race Control' and transfer any existing topics I can find on the subject over to it.

Once this is done it would be handy if one of you could post a brief outline/introduction to the system which I could then pin for general information on it. Any volunteers?

I will hold fire on ARC Pro until it looks like it will actually make an appearance on the market. It could then either be included in SSD or given its own subforum within Digital if demand warrants it.

Your thoughts please.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
ARC One and ARC Air are race control systems linked to a smartphone which are solely for analogue use.
Pretty much correct,

I am willing to put a small blurb together for you and help in any way.

Just PM me if you would like me to do that.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
New forum now active. Please use it for ARC One and Air related topics.

I have moved any existing topics I could find over to the new forum. If you spot any I have missed then let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts