SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pre loved scalextric arc one racing set.(ultimate rivals)

I set up the track and app. Neither car works in lanes one or two. I have swapped the controller's round nothing happens despite both responding on the app when trigger has been pressed. I also vacuumed the track.

I swapped the powerbase and track for an older Sport set up, both cars worked fine.

I removed the plastic cover on the ARC powerbase to see if there were any loose connections.

Is the powerbase track faulty? Or is there something else I need to check?

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Swapping another PB strongly suggests that the ARC PB is faulty.

Wait to see if anyone else has further suggestions before asking the seller for your money back ........ :(

Reactions: IainMcK

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
It is fairly simply to open up the powerbase and do a visual inspection if there are any plugs loose.

There is a popular mod to use ARC ONE for lap counting/timing and pitstops only and a standard Sport powerbase for car control (it is known as the ARC ONE Brake Mod).

It could be someone pulled the plug to enable the mod and never put it back in again.

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/7984/?p=2

I am sure you could undo the screws without the seller knowing and if everything is plugged in and it still doesn't work it is faulty.

If he refuses to take it back or give your money back if you can get the cars to register in the app (just push them over the sensors) you can use it with your Sport Powerbase. You really aren't missing out on any functions or features. IN fact your cars will have brakes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies especially the link to the article.

I took the panel off which I noticed had a couple of loose screws and thought someone has been in here before. I noted the black and red wires had been cut and the module had been disconnected from the board.

I later found the cut module in the box! So I will be using the set up as suggested.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Great result ......... what is there not to like?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.