SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of setting up my Arc Pro "garage" and I am experiencing poor image quality when I import my own photos (from a non Scalextric source).

The photos are on an iPad and come from either an iPhone or Google Photos.

I have tried different file sizes and jpg, png (interlace and non interlaced), bmp and GIF.

All these photos are displayed in Arc Pro slightly "greyed" with vertical and horizontal lines

Has anyone else experienced this? And, have you been able to resole it?

My "garage" comprises Scalextric, NSR and Slot.it cars and should like to display the car image as well as the name as some of my younger co-drivers don't read-so-well!

Please see attached images. Arc Pro Screen Shot.JPG McLaren F1 GTR 76.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
This occurs on the app as a whole (not just the pro). Not sure about on Android, as i need to reinstall. But on my ipads this occurs. I assumed they lower the quality for file size reasons. Although now when i try to add a custom photo, it just crashes the app.

I'll do some more tests at the weekend, iPad 4, iPad air and Samsung S8

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Weird... I've never had a problem with the ARC app doing this on my iPhone 4s.

I re-size jpeg images to 334 x 260 pixels and a file size of less than 50KB. I store the images in Photos and load them to the ARC app from there. It's always worked and they all look the same as the images already in the app...

39020804802_b2d2020361.jpg

Yes, the screen on the phone is much smaller than an iPad, but I wouldn't think that would be an issue? Would it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly, no luck with reduced file size <50k on the iPad. It looks like time for an internet search on iPad problems

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Just wondering whether you get this phenomenon with all the images you've tried? And whether all the images you have an issue with are from the same source?

If they are from the same source, it is most likely something to do with how the file is created or edited. For example, I thought it would be worth checking the images are saved as RGB colour rather than CMYK. That might possibly be a problem in some programs. I did try to replicate it, but the CMYK image I used was fine in the ARC app. And as you got your images down to <50KB, then they aren't CMYK...

If you haven't already, try images from different sources (eg Scalextric, Pendles etc) and see... If you get this with a lot of different sources, then I'm completely stumped. Does this happen in any other apps on your iPad? And do you get the same with the ARC app running on your iPhone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ios is 11.2.1 - not sure of ipad model it could be an ipad air. 64GB

I have even tried a route 1 idea which didn't work. I imagined the spec that Scalextric's designers and executives might have come up with.

1) Arc Pro must be tablet based and as good as 3rd party software.

2) The user must be able to build up driver and car details similar to 3rd party software.

3) The must be able to display icons and pictures representing drivers and cars.

4) They can select cars/pictures from a Scalextric website (which works fine)

5) .... importantly .... the user must be able to take a photograph using the tablet and then import it directly into the app without having to fiddle around. (route 1) which I did (which doesn't work fine)

My suspicion is that it is a software bug although its interesting that the images from the Scalextric website import perfectly,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been told that an upgrade for Arc Pro app will be launched before the end of January. This should have bug fixes that will get rid of the poor image quality problem (I have encountered)

Fingers crossed - and a Happy New Yeat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts